Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bug in Camera Visual Effect Option ...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Sony digital camera which is running via firewire into my CPU. When I activate the camera option I am getting static and random white lines across my whole screen over the live feed... I wanted to see if it was VDJ causing it or windows causing it, so I hooked up straight into my pc through a different program and the picture was flawless... Is there some kind of plug-in I can download to fix this issue in VDJ ? F.Y.I. I am running Virtual DJ 5.0 Rev. 7, Windows XP, 4 GB of Ram, Core 2 Duo, 512 MB Dedicated Video Card, Super Hyped Up CPU Built Just For VDJ. Thanks for any help in advance...

Posted Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 4:18 pm
Getting same problem with Panasonic 3CCD camera. Tried both Firewire and USB2.0 connection and both have static as described by djshaitown. Camera works flawless into other apps like Windows Movie Maker.

I am running Vista 32 Ultimate, NVIDIA 9800 GTX, Intel Core2 Duo 6850, 4GB mem, NVIDIA 790i mobo. (Decided to u/g from my 2 yr old Tosh notebook because its Intel Integrated 915G graphics and 2GHz Pentium M (single core) do not allow mixing video without lockups/stutters, and Intel last updated the driver in 1/2007!! So I'm just temporarily using a powerful desktop until I u/g my notebook with much better graphics and faster CPU.)

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 3:38 am
Most likely its the fire wire cable. I use a sony camera and use a 4 pin to usb and things are perfect. I lost my cable one night and bought a new one which was a 1394 fire wire. Got lines all the time during the shoot. I couldn't even use it thats how bad it was.

Bottom line is camera to usb is the KEY!

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 1:09 am
still issues

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 8:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)