Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ + TCV's + Mac Book Pro (or MacBook)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anybody using VDJ + Mac Book Pro (or MacBook) + TCV's successfully?
Please post your system set up in the format below.

Computer specs:
Whether your using bootcamp or not:
Soundcard:
Your buffer setting in the performance tab:
Type of TCV(3rd gen, 2nd Gen) if you don't know, just give a date/timeframe of when you ordered them:

Lastly, please add a description of any issues you may have.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 4:51 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
need the VV box , at the moment there is a issue with the Agregate devices which hopefuly can be fixed in the next version.

the VV box is a native audio interface and just skips the audio and midi setup system of core audio.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 5:15 pm
ok, those with the VV box, please post if you've used it with TCV successfully on a Mac.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 5:27 pm

Hey I have a macbook pro with VV and TCV

-Mac book pro
Processor Type Intel Core 2 Duo(2.4 ghz)
Screen Size 15"
RAM (Preloaded / Maximum) 2GB RAM (Exp. To 4GB)
Hard Drive 200GB 5400RPM
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT With 256MB VRAM

-Im using leapord

-Virtual Vinyl Box

-my buffer setting is on auto latency

- Im using the TCV that came with VV...I ordered the product 5 months ago.

It works flawlessly!
Hope that helps!

Posted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 11:29 pm
Thanks for the feedback. I'll wait for the next update & might end up buying it if the U46DJ doesn't start working. My specs are similar to yours.

Posted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 2:00 am
I just bought numark tt-x1s and was wondering if I buy the VV how easy the set up is. I have a show on may 30th and the store i'm buying them at is getting them around the 28th so I'm a little bit worried that I won't get them up and running that quickly so I was just curious how long it takes to get them working. I also am using tiger if that makes any difference.
thanks,
Luke

Posted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 7:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lukewitherspoon wrote :
I just bought numark tt-x1s and was wondering if I buy the VV how easy the set up is. I have a show on may 30th and the store i'm buying them at is getting them around the 28th so I'm a little bit worried that I won't get them up and running that quickly so I was just curious how long it takes to get them working. I also am using tiger if that makes any difference.
thanks,
Luke

Plug and play , then just choose :

inputs : timecodes
Output : mixer
Card : VV

Thats it.

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 4:03 am
Sweet thanks. Does anyone have any success running VDJ in xp or vista on bootcamp with TCVs? I'm currently installing XP and will be using a maya 44 usb so I'll post back if I get it to work.

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 11:04 am
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,
I'm using the new mac book pro with leopard.
my soundcard is the Torq Conectiv (I don't use the Torq software as I much prefer VDJ)
i'm also the owner of a U46DJ but that doesn't work properly yet with VDJ. But to be honest the connctiv seem to work much better in terms of latency than the U46DJ (tested on windows).
And I got 2 pairs of TCVs (old and new ones).

If you want to listen to what I do, I got a show on sunday (6til 8pm uk time) on http://www.radioglitch.com
K

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 3:51 am
Using Virtual Vinyl with a Macbook Pro (17", 2.5, 4 gb ram, 512 graphics) running Windows XP via Bootcamp. VDJ (VV) runs better in XP then Mac, no question. Using the VV soundcard and TCV's. I like the VV skin thats why I do not use VDJ.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 9:54 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Using Virtual Vinyl with a Macbook Pro (17", 2.5, 4 gb ram, 512 graphics) running Windows XP via Bootcamp. VDJ (VV) runs better in XP then Mac, no question. Using the VV soundcard and TCV's. I like the VV skin thats why I do not use VDJ.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really trying to avoid doing it the bootcamp way. The next VDJ update will determine whether I get the TTM57 & just go Serato, video-wise permanently. Cause quite honestly, if I spend $1300 on a mixer to do video, I'm going to use it to the MAXIMUM 100%. Right now I'm just praying for stable TCV support on the Mac.

My Video Library has gotten quite big & I want to get it going by this summer.

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 5:17 am
From what I have experienced from mac vs pc... PC gave me problems but worked after dealing with this and that but with the virtual vinyl box, 2 tables and a mixer with mac it worked perfectly on the first try haha i guess i lucked out:P

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 5:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)