Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon HC-4500 + MAC - Sound Card Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I could have sworn I read something about this ages ago - but I have been searching threads for a while now and can't find anything on point. I need some help here.

I hooked up my HC4500 to virtual DJ today to take it for a spin, I am using Mac version 5.07. I am having trouble setting up my outputs. For some reason, they keep going to one channel only, and not 2, weird. Anyway - this is my set-up in the sound card tab:

Inputs - None
Outputs - External Mixer
Sound Cards - Mono separated

HC4500 Selected for Driver
Sound says left deck right deck - it plays when I do this - and I know that the issue is the Mono thing I think.

BECAUSE, what I really want to select is the following - but my DECKS lock up and nothing plays, files don't move etc,:

Inputs - None
Outputs - External Mixers
Sound Cards - 4.1Card

Ok - any help is much appreciated, I may be doing something wrong, not sure. I have configured sound cards in other programs, this is my first time trying to configure the 4500 on VDJ though.

Again, I am using the Mac version, and I can't choose the 4500 as a native midi player, don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I am quite sure that the sound card is completely separate from the midi capability.

Posted Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 3:55 pm
I figured out the sound card issue -

You have to go to the Audio Midi Settings program from the Utilities folder. Then you have to choose the 4500 from the output menu, and then you can change the number of channels. Change it to 4 - and then you will have what you are looking for.

Now, I have to figure out why I can't use the Midi controller?

Posted Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 4:42 pm
Glad we could help lol. j/k glad u got it sorted :)

Posted Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 8:12 pm
under sound card you should have ASIO sound card selected.

Posted Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 8:23 pm
There is no sound card ASIO card selection for MAC. You got him advice up to that point but he will not be able to use the controller as a sound card.

DJ Jazzy Jetta

Posted Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 8:32 pm
Ok - I should note - and add - that I can't use the Midi controller natively because there is no support in the Mac version at this time. The only choice is to midi-map the controller. But in doing that, you have no lights working on the buttons, and no text or anything on the screen. But, when you push play, it does work. Definitely disappointing, but I will continue to be patient and wait for the support of this controller.

Posted Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 6:06 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you can get the soundcard to be detected by core audio it will be ok and will appear in the list of available cards, look in

Applications > Utilities > Audio and Midi Setup to see if its listed.

Posted Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 8:21 am
The denon 4500 is recognized in the audio midi setup and it is listed as an output for the computer, but when you go into virtual dj it is listed under driver 1 but you have to have a mono signal in order for it to work. Then you can only mix with on one channel of your mixer and who wants that.

DJ Jazzy Jetta

Posted Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 10:30 am
I stand corrected. You have to have virtual selected as external mixer then as 4.1 sound card and the denon 4500 will work just fine.

Still having a drop out issue, but other than that. It's great.

DJ Jazzy Jetta

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 9:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)