Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Effects Not Working At All

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just loaded new Cue (a few times) - None of my effects work. They won't come up at all. The only one I can even see is the flippin double. Otherwise I just get a grey box at the bottom of my screen. I tried downloading some additional effects, but the new ones did the same thing. And....if I try to analyze BPM for any song...CUE instantly shuts down. This happens if I click on vocals+ in the effects menu as well. Very frustrating experience to this software I thought was so amazing.

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 9:12 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Which version are you using? , are you using VISTA?

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 1:12 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Are you using DEP (Data Execution Prevention) in Windows?

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 8:18 pm
X2-TheVHome userMember since 2008
Hi , I am experiencing quite the same problem. This happened to me after i used a few Video effects .
One of em ( " Titler " ) made and always make Virtual DJ crash.
From the first crash i had i can't load any audio effects but Flipping doubles wich doesnt even work no more.
Now Virtual DJ always run on video effects first , wich works , actually !
I tried removing video effects from the folder but in any way no audio effect works.

I Am under Windows Vista (Home Premium 32bit) , DEP is probably on ( i guess ) and i'm running Virtual DJ v5 .

Thanks alot for your support ; looking forward to a solution.

X2-The.V

Posted Sun 06 Apr 08 @ 9:25 am
X
Have you had any progress made on your problem? You seem to have the same issue I have been having and can't get resolved.

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 9:33 pm
X2-TheVHome userMember since 2008
Well i got Virtual DJ to work by removing Video Effects , and only leaving the Audio effects i use the most.
Still they don't work properly but i 've found a solution.
Get (if you dont already have it ) , the "Flanger_Lite " effect , it weirdly , if you click on it , make all the others effect work properly !

To avoid program crash on startup , avoid conflicts , like 2different Flangers or LFO. This happened to me with the Vocals remover.

Anyway i hope this will work for you and if VirtualDJ crashes on startup , Cut all audio effects from the Effects foler , start VirtualDJ ( should work ).
Then exit , Paste the effects back ( one by one works for sure ) and then Virtual DJ should re-work.

I realized this problem might come from me messing with codec packs..i'll be more carefull next time !

Good Luck ,
X2-TheV

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 7:51 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 8:50 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
X2-TheV wrote :
Well i got Virtual DJ to work by removing Video Effects , and only leaving the Audio effects i use the most.
Still they don't work properly but i 've found a solution.
Get (if you dont already have it ) , the "Flanger_Lite " effect , it weirdly , if you click on it , make all the others effect work properly !

To avoid program crash on startup , avoid conflicts , like 2different Flangers or LFO. This happened to me with the Vocals remover.

Anyway i hope this will work for you and if VirtualDJ crashes on startup , Cut all audio effects from the Effects foler , start VirtualDJ ( should work ).
Then exit , Paste the effects back ( one by one works for sure ) and then Virtual DJ should re-work.

I realized this problem might come from me messing with codec packs..i'll be more carefull next time !

Good Luck ,
X2-TheV

The reason you have to go through this process is because you have a warez package of VirtualDJ. You experience problems because the software you are using is flawed from someone cracking the program. Support the development, get free upgrades and a stable environment - purchase the software -- http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 9:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)