Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Logon Problems WWW Needed B4 virtualdj.com

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Alright, so this was a real frustrating process. I'm not sure if anyone else had this problem but I have to think so. VDJ crashes, that sucks...feel bad for the team...love to find the d..k, that did that...then I can't freakin log in. So I say, OK I'll register again, doesn't work. Why, because my ID and e-mail were on file. Still won't work. I use my website address to register under a different name. I register no problem, then I can't log on. So I say I'll send an e-mail to the help box. I can't do that, because it requires you log on. I can't log on. Two valid ID's (apparently), can't log on. Try to make a third logon from a friend's computer. No problem, register OK, use the logon on his computer, works great. Go to my computer, doesn't work. I'm so pissed at this point. I go through settings, pop blockers off, hold the control key, delete all cookies and a few curses.

I'm not exactly sure why...but I can no longer enter virtualdj.com in my browser without putting www. in front of it. The site shows up without the www. but I can't log in. I put the www. in front of it, no problem. Two points, it worked no problem b4 the crash. And, VDJ staff I get the limit of e-mails you want to get, but if you have a login problem, there is no way to get a hold of you.

Hope this helps some people.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 5:41 pm
POSSIBLE SPYWARE/VIRUSES?

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 5:50 pm
Could have been. 2 computers though, my work (big corporation tons of security) and my home (norton and adware). Strange that if I just put the www. in front it works. Didn't have to before.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 7:27 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've been trying to log in for so long!!! It wasn't until I read this thread and you mentioned putting www at the start. Real weird!

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 6:32 am
did you upgrade Internet Explorer (hotfix from microsoft, with new security settings) ?

Might have done something, that makes the security for IE to high... the login need cookies etc

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 3:15 pm
I had the same problem. Your www solution also works for me. Previously, I discovered I could get in thru the support page, but I guess that was really because it had www in front of it.

I understand your frustration with this policy, I wonder if any customers have been lost. If I hadn't liked the product so much I would be long gone.

I even went so far as to look up the site owner email (somewhere in France) but don't bother, never got a reply.

VDJ Team - It seems you have a problem, probably your host server could fix it. In the meantime you should probably inform folks that WWW may be required for login.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 8:54 pm
Norway, no changes to IE or the computer at all. The problem started for me when the forums went down following the virus attack on the servers. All other sites and forums on my computer work but VDJ is the only one that requires I enter in WWW in my browser from some reason.

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 5:35 pm
this was REALLY bothering me big time. thank you

i did find a work around though. this was the only thing that worked for me;

i went into my e-mail "box". i found the e-mail that i got when i first bought the program. i clicked the link that said "click here to download your program," or something like that. it would recognize that i was the person who bought it, and ask me to log in.

at that particular webpage i could log in. i would add that page to my favorites, and use that as my log in prompt.

sure enough, the webpage i got working was "www.virtualdj.com" and not the "virtualdj.com".

good looking out for everyone.

Posted Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 12:31 am
You're welcome. Hope your system is working well. Now I'll see some more good posts from you.

Posted Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 4:25 am
yup definetly not our comps, usign mozilla firefoz here. No spyware no viruses. www. works virtualdj.com dosent :p

Posted Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 6:32 am
goatusHome userMember since 2004
it will just be the scripting of the website itself.. it is meant to stop post data from going to the login form that isnt coming from their website.. obviously they only have www.vdj in their allow list.

Posted Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 6:49 am
Now I get bumps on forums :) Just don't want VDJ losing customers.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 3:17 am
alright last bump....I love this software.

Posted Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 2:13 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I never had any problems actually getting to the site, but now I need to enter my user name and password everytime I visit (using 2 PCs in different locatiosn too).

Started to happen same time you guys had access problems.

Posted Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 2:47 am
bak62PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry 4 sounding thick but im new to this and already smashed everthing up in the house, all because i cant log in. When u say put www in front where abouts do u mean ?

cheers

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 1:04 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 12:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)