Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VIDEO FREEZES ON LOADING 2ND VIDEO, VDJ 5.0.7 [HARDWARE ACCELERATION]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HELP !
BRAND NEW LAPTOP TOP OF THE RANGE,SONY VGN-FZ21S,2.2 DUAL CORE PRO,300GB HARDRIVE,256 DEAD VIDEO RAM,4GB RAM, VIDEO CARD NVIDIA 8600M GS,WHEN LOADING 2ND VIDEO THE VIDEO THATS PLAYING FREEZES FOR A SECOND ON LOADING,REALLY UPSET IVE GOT ISSUES WITH MY NEW MACHINE,PLEASE CAN ONE OF YOU GREAT GUYS HELP ME OUT,THANKS DJ DAZ.....

Posted Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 2:46 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What soundcard do you use? , which format of video?

Posted Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 4:27 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VIDEO CARD NVIDIA 8600M GS

Posted Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 6:04 pm
I have the same problem. Current video freezes for a half second when I load second video. It happens on both internal window and external monitor. CPU load goes to 100% at that moment.
I have $2000 laptop and having this problem is really sad.
I spend so much money on my set up. Now I can not make quality demo so I can get a job as a DJ.

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 8:35 am
OK. I turned off Hardware acceleration and the problem is gone. But now visuals don't work.
Using ATI 512 mb video card.

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 10:58 pm
OK let see if this makes any sense to you because I've driving myself crazy & this is what I come up with. I have the same sony viao with the same spects when I load a file that is smaller than 300.000mb with the acc on everything woks fine but should I load a file bigger than 300.000mb it freezes up. Just to let you know that I'm ripping all my videos the same at VOB format & yes I understand that some songs are longer than others but the there are some files that when I rip them they are 800,00mb big & the the song is only seconds longer that the 300.000mb song so maybe someone can explain this. So to make a long story short I spent hours,& hours trying & this is what I come up with can anyone explain......................

Posted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 10:21 am
djdazza wrote :
HELP !
BRAND NEW LAPTOP TOP OF THE.....THANKS DJ DAZ.....

Firstly no need to YELL!

Try searching the forums, keywords "Freezing video fix" should take you to the right place. It will be a post by me, a fix for Turbo Cache issues.

I really wish people would do a search first, aside from wasting threads, if you'd both searched for the solution in this fourm, your problem would have been fixed the first day you posted. =)

Posted Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 2:18 am
I had this problem with ATI video card, so it's not Turbo Cache. I solved the problem by changing codec setting for AVI files from Video Decoder to Windows Media Player Video Decoder. After that I had to convert some videos because they would not load with AC3 sound for some reason. And yes, try to keep video files in smaller sizes as they work much better and load faster.

Posted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 8:12 pm
filosoff.. i'm glad you posted this man.. i spent almost all day today disabling turbo cache and turbo memory and all that garbage... and still i was getting freezing and problems.. then i change the video codec like you said and it works great now..

i don't know if its both that did the trick or what.. but i know your post did the final trick

Posted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 11:04 pm
well it seems this works for AVI.. but other file types won't work.. mpg, mkv.. anothing else freezes VDJ

Posted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 11:18 pm
What are the specs of the ATI card?

Posted Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 8:39 am
i don't believe its limited to the card, because i am running the NVIDA 570M... i'm loading up Vista to see if that fixes the problem

Posted Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 9:24 am
Installed Vista Ulitmate.. everything works great.. all file types.. all videos... hardware acceleration works great

Posted Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 3:34 pm
NVIDA 570M is for the professional/corporate segment for CAD-users etc, and cannot be compared to other mainstream gpu's, such as ATI HD-series..

Posted Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 7:28 am
Maxowner, what laptop do you own? im thinking of getting the t61p which also have the same video card as you

Posted Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 7:33 am
One more thing to check out. Analyze your videos in advance (BPM>analyze...) and then in CONFIG>Options>Max Load> set to "None". Now all videos should load smooth and not freeze.

Posted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 9:01 am
try decreasing your hardware accelration within your video card

right click desktop/properites/settings tab/advanced button/troubleshoot tab

I had to decrease the acceleration on my NVIDIA to finally get the videos to play correct..be sure to be connected to your out source tv, i've noticed i cant do this change unless i'm ready to veejay with my s-video connected to my outgoing source.

Dont know if this will help your issue like it did with mine.

Posted Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 3:01 pm
djfilosoff wrote :
One more thing to check out. Analyze your videos in advance (BPM>analyze...) and then in CONFIG>Options>Max Load> set to "None". Now all videos should load smooth and not freeze.

Max Load to None Why??? I would run it around 10 or 15 depending on how long your files are.

Posted Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 5:21 pm
Forget about Max Load. It doesn't help if you change it.
Really good advice from djdarryl1. It's all in the settings of the video card. I changed in settings of my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 "Performance<>Quality" slider all the way to "Performance" side. Now when I load second video it freezes for a second currently playing video on internal display but plays perfect on external TV out and this is good enough for me. Now I can record some quality demos. Thanks everyone who posted here! It was really helpful.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 3:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)