Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Tweak for better performance with these spec.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I have a 1.4 ghz celeron processor, 80gig hd, and 1gig of Ram. I have windows xp as my operating system. I use a Gigaport Ag for the sound card

What specific tweaks can I do to improve performance with this lappy. I have some clicks and pops when switching from one effect to the other. Or activating effects.
The knobs take awhile to respond when using effects plugins. I have to turn them very slowly for them to work. Sound is a little distorted too. Especially when using the delay effect. Thank you.

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 9:05 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes it will make it with the Delay plugin when you modify the 'delay' value because it has to refill a sound buffer somewhere else in the song and if you modify and modify again, you constantly refill the buffer so it appears a little distorsion.

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 9:11 pm
ty.for reply.

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 10:24 pm
I'm sure most people on this site really would not recommend a computer or laptop that has a celeron processor in it. If you are able to upgrade your memory please do so.

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 11:09 am
Try cleaning up/disabling some unnecessary services and unneeded programs in XP + lowering the performance settings in VDJ.

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 12:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)