Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DMC-2 / CM-200USB / Many Problems / v5.07 / Ready To Give Up!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HVDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
(posted this in general also... just trying to get more views :-)

Alright... I have read like 100 posts and I learned alot of information. Although... im still not getting this problem fixed to the point where I am going to bring virtual DJ to work with me. First off let me go over my specs and equipment because that seems to be a common question. Vista, core 2 duo T8100 (2.1 ghz, 3mb l2 cahe, 800 mhwz fsb), 3 GB ddr2-667 SDRAM, 320 gig internal hardrive (160 and 160) 80 Available on the one with the operating system and 40 available on the other. NVIDIA GeForve 8400M GT GPU. No other programs are installed on my computer. The computer is brand new and just picked up from best buy (its their highest model from last week). I am using the Numark setup of DMC-2 along with the CM-200USB mixer. No external hardrive being used. In the long run I plan using the program for video, music and karaoke. The program has been upgraded to the highest version and I have the full version of CUE purchased right now. (not virtual DJ but im under the impression they are identical just look different). I have only tried video and music as of right now. So much to write I do not know where to start..... let me go with the DMC-2.

I am able to have the program recongnize my DMC-2. The program has shut down about 80% of the time during use. By during use I am attempting to load a song (I tried both with the DMC-2 and without it). At first song load most of the crashed occured....I thought there could be an update for the DMC-2 so after reading around I found out about the Mapper. Mapper 1.3 is installed. The first 15 attempts the program would not even be open for more then 5 seconds before feezing. With or without loading a song. Eventually it let me load a song and everything was working fine ( for about 10 minutes The pitch warning was kind of annoying so I turned that off. I restarted the program and now no matter what I do NOTHING is able to fix the following problems.

- The program still crashes, now it about 9/10 times (first song load and yes im trying all different song files :-)
- The NEW and MOST ANNOYING problem.. When the program is able to load its songs.... They play fine but if I do ANYTHING with the other side there is a crackle or smudge sound coming through as if the unit cant handle me doing anything to the other side. By doing anything I mean LOADING another track, searching or queing it up to a specific point. The song playing will always make a slight skipping sound I guess is the best way to describe it.
-Videos freeze during use, all different videos. Same thing, when two videos or one video and a song are in nothing canbe controlled to the other side or else their is the sound problem. The sound problem has now evolved to a program freezing problem.

Just to elaborate again the program will play a song but the DMC-2 will freeze up when I try to do anything (hit any other buttons on the units) and no buttons will do anything as will clicking on the program does nothing as well. After clicking enough I am prompt with a notification that the program has occured a problem.

I have removed and added as well as redownloaded the mapper about 10 times thinking that could be the issue. (I know I did it right because it did now show on the unit on start up) I have never had a full stable show through my over a year of owning the products. I first saw you guys .. i think it was three years ago at atlantic city DJ expo. I was hooked but still very scared. I am ready to give up on Virtual DJ and continue to use CD's :-( Can ANYONE suggest anything or share with me their experiance if it is perhaps the same?

Posted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 3:13 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have replied on your other topic but out of interest is this via bootcamp?

Posted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 4:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)