Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: To upgrade...or not to upgrade? THAT is the question.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Guys

I currently use version 4.3 (i think).

Using XP Pro on a decent machine...do you think i'd be wise to upgrade to 5.0.7 straight from my current version?

I've been scouting round the forums checking this out and all i seem to hear about is folks having problems after an upgrade like this...and then problems rolling back to previous versions, but i like the upgrade features such as text srolling and sbdj slideshow...although i've yet to work out how to use them! I've dl'd 5.0.7 onto my laptop, but i don't use this laptop for gigs, just to test.

Any suggestions?

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 6:01 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If u have that lappy for testing, it great then;)

V5.07 is improve greatly from V4.3, so i said its time to upgrade.hehe.

But do so after u have do ur test on V5 n u feel comfortable n ready. Don't use v5 first at ur gigs as this may invite undesired outcame. N lastly i think u need to do something abt to transfer V4 to V5 database. Do a forum search on this as there are many topics on this.

Regards:)

Posted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 2:01 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try it out on another machine see if you like it and if not , if it aint broke dont fix it the golden law of computers.

Posted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 5:47 pm
skyfxl wrote :
Try it out on another machine see if you like it and if not , if it aint broke dont fix it the golden law of computers.

True, but i like the new features of 5.X, such as clipbank, text 2d.

Will these features work ok with my older version?

P

Posted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 6:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Of course !!!

It's the advantages of plugins ;-)

Posted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 8:31 pm
I also don't want to be getting left too far 'behind' when it comes to future upgrades.

P

Posted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 4:07 am
I also have this age old problem when playing vids (and karaoke), which i haven't managed to sort out yet.

I've upgraded my nvidia (7600gt 256mb) drivers direct from their website and upgraded my DirectX to the latest version. I'm wondering if upgrading to the latest version will help solve this issue?

Any suggestions?

Cheers. Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 8:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)