Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can't get my HC4500 to work with my VDJ and Laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been trying to get my HC-4500 to work after having it sit in the box for the last 3 months until it was ready to VDJ. Now I want to use it and it will not sync.

I am going to try and provide as much details as possible and would be great if someone has an answer to help me out.

I own a Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop Here are my specs : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00 Ghz, 798 Mhz 2.00 GB of Ram

I have the latest Virtual DJ 5.07 Update.

I do have Mcafee Virus Protection.

Here's what I tried doing. I installed the newest update for Virtual DJ first. Then I downloaded the 1005 update for the HC-4500. I thought I updated the program first, then I followed the instructions included in the update. (I did not know you dragged a dropped the update into the update Icon I loaded on my desktop.) I went in and Removed the older version of HC4500, as mentioned. (Unfortunately, I did this when I thought the 1005 update was done, which was not. ) This is the only area where I may see a PROBLEM. If this is the problem, how do I start back to the beginning. (I am a little slow when it comes to this technical stuff).

Other than that, I went under the remote control option under VDJ, and tried to activate it. It just stays highlighted red.

Any suggestions?

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 11:29 am
anyone have any suggestions? I have been using my Dac3 with no issues, but Cant get the HC4500 to work and I am really dying to use it.

Posted Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 11:32 pm
Well, first of all from control pannel uninstall all hc4500 denon drivers, then go to start/run regedit an delete all denon registries, then make a full install from the newest drivers.

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 11:03 am
I tried that and it did not work either

Posted Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 8:24 pm
I have no problem with my Dac 3, but Can't get the seeting to activate the greenlight in the remote control setup. I have tried uninstalling and installing, checked under audio USB devices. I also went to Device manager on my Inspiron 9300 thrn clicked sound, video, and game controllers, then usb audio device.

Here' what is listed under General :

usb audio device

device type : sound, video and game controllers

Manufacturer : Generic USB Auidio

Device Status : Device is working properly

Device usage : Use This Device (Enable)

Here is what is listed on Driver :

Driver provided : Microsoft

Driver Date : 7/1/2001

Driver Version 5.1.2535.0

Digital Signer : Microsoft Windows Publisher

Here is what is listed under Details :

USB\\VID_154E&PID_5002&MI_00]6&1DA639F3&0&000

Does anything here mean anything that can help get things running?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 8:55 pm
Does the builit in asio sound card work? Sounds like everything is right. Do you have another PC you can try it on to rule out a faulty usb

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 4:12 am
Here is what i would do in your situation. I would remove everything and start all over again. I had some what of the same problem and here is what I did. I down loaded 1005 software package from the Deneon website. Once you remove everything do not connect the controller. install the ASIO driver that come with the 1005 down load. then connect the controller. Once the controller is connected launch the Denon updater program. Make sure the power is off on the controller and hold down I beleive the source and back keys at the same time on Deck 1. Turn on the power while you are holding down those bottons. The screen on the controller will say it is in update mode. now take the 1005 bin file and drag it to the updater window and drop it. the load button will now be accessable. hit the load button. When it is done loading the execute button will become avail. hit the execute buttton. once that is done you should be complete.

after that I restarted my computer and powered of the controller. Make sure the controller is contected prior to launch VDJ. them make sure all you setting with VDJ are corrrect.

Sound card settings.
1. the Denon ASIO card is selected
2. you show you are using an external mixer.

Controller settings.
highlight the 4500
activate it.

After you do that you mau have to close VDJ and relaunch it.

I hope this helps you.

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 11:30 am
I think your problems is because you didnt install the denon update. Look at page 12 in the denon manual

Posted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 8:36 pm
I have the update in the HC4500. When I press the source and back, I get the 1005 Update listed.

As for the previous post, I tried it step by step and no success. Does anyone have anything else I can try. Please HELP

Posted Fri 07 Mar 08 @ 9:25 pm
I dont know what to tell you. Just mess around with it. Turn on the controller first then virtual dj on. Be sure that you have the hc 4500 enabled in the virtual dj program. Exit out of virtual dj then start it again. Your problem is probably something easy and you havent figured it out yet. Just disconnect everthing and reconnect it again.

Open virtual dj and go into Setup or Configuration........ Click on Sound setup, Inputs-- None, Outputs--External Mixer, Sound Card (s) Asio. Click ok and exit......

Close virtual dj and start it again. Always have the HC4500 on first.

Posted Sat 08 Mar 08 @ 1:01 am
WOOHOOO

I finally have my HC4500 up and running. My Dell Inspiron 9300 seemed to die yesterday. I had to go out and buy a new computer. I was a little nervous because it Vista and the rep at Best Buy said to be careful because it is the Vista version with 64 bit. I have been playing with it a little while and it has been great so far. I have a gig tomorrow so lets see how it goes. I ended up getting an HP Pavillion dv2845se Notebook. Thanks for everyone's help.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 1:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)