Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Xponent & virtual dj whith pitch inverted why

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I buy a xponent but i don't like of torq software by m-audio,i prefer virtual dj is the best,,then i buy virtual dj 5.0 but the picth stay inverted,why that is happened.

i go for midi manual and i get solution for pitch play pause cue volume,but no mode vinil why.

Can you me help.

Posted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 1:30 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pls register ur serial on ur modify ur profile n grab the latest updates. Thanks.

What vinyl are u using?

Posted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 1:54 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djguingabb wrote :
I buy a xponent but i don't like of torq software by m-audio,i prefer virtual dj is the best,,then i buy virtual dj 5.0 but the picth stay inverted,why that is happened.

i go for midi manual and i get solution for pitch play pause cue volume,but no mode vinil why.

Can you me help.

If you register your serial then you will be able to download my mapper from the plugins page which will fix the pitch inversion, and implement the touch mode, along with a whole load of other features and controls.

The latest version has been designed to replicate the functions of the Xponent under Torq more, for example fixing spinback and the like in vinyl mode to work much much better :)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 7:16 pm
I wish you could tell me why knowing there are always new releases of VDJ, your mapper isn't included in one of them??
And please stop act like policemen once someone ask a question about fonctionnality of VDJ PRO (like "you should register......")
bless and in the main time i'm there, SBDJ, why knowing people have been asking for sampler with stutter fonction for ages, no one do anything? Wishes section is USELESS

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 2:49 am
flashmp3 wrote :
I wish you could tell me why knowing there are always new releases of VDJ, your mapper isn't included in one of them??
And please stop act like policemen once someone ask a question about fonctionnality of VDJ PRO (like "you should register......")
bless and in the main time i'm there, SBDJ, why knowing people have been asking for sampler with stutter fonction for ages, no one do anything? Wishes section is USELESS

Because my mapper is a 3rd party solution. None of the other 3rd party mappers by Boggis etc... are supplied with Virtual DJ either.

The registration part was mentioned because if he is a registered user he would be able to download my mapper which would fix this. It wasn't meant in a "policing" manner, it was meant in a if-you've-purchased-the-product-you-can-access-a-fix manner.

I'll be honest, I don't tend to read the wishes section... I'll have a wander over there shortly. I have however seen this sample stutter effect mentioned a few times? I'm sure I found a post somewhere saying it could be done...

Regards,

Scott

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 7:31 am
Here you go - a quick search on the word stutter in the wishes forum threw this up that you can simply assign a keyboard, midi or skin shortcut to play the sample momentarily which then lets you stutter of the sample...

If you want these do be displayed as buttons (why?!) then add them to a skin.

I can't see the problem myself?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 7:47 am
I i haven't understood your answer well (I'm french can speak english but i don't know lots of technical words). Anyway thanks for having replied. I hope i had understood well what sample stutter was. I was talking about the ability to re-play the sample from its beginning once you push a boutton. Meaning each time you push the button, the sound sample restart (like in Torq for example...)... There is the ability to hold shift then push a sample button. The problem is that once you release the button it stops. I don't want that stops I just want it to restart from the beginning once i push it again

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 7:35 am
I think that a software that cust $299 is very expansive price,i have demo version,and i don't register because that price.

I hope virtual dj can a day have a acess you better.

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 4:32 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VDJ is intended for Professional DJS , alot of time and effort has been invested in this and it can make DJS alot of money.

The price reflects this , while using a unoffical version you wont get good results as the cracks damage the code.

As you purchased the Xponent which is an expensive piece of hardware wouldn't you want to invest in a good quality DJ program for stable use?

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 4:47 pm
The problem is i buy xponent because i think that is the best hardware,but i don't like torq,i like virtual dj,if i had a option when i buy xponent of have virtual together xponent was you better,but nothing is perfect that world.

Who knows a day virtual dj and m-audio work together...

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 10:41 pm
So you want the developers to implement features for you, despite the fact you have no intention to purchase the software?

Good luck!

Also, M-Audio will never offer VDJ instead of Torq...

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 6:03 am
I see no major developments have occurred since I last posted questions about this, hence why I have been using TORQ and kinda getting used to it’s cons. I’m still a strong VDJ fan and as I’m now looking to advancing to video mixing, VDJ is the best
Amongst it’s rivals. I have obtained the a ‘cracked’ version of 5.rev 7 (yeah I know) so I could see any improvements and ‘Allas’, the Xponent Native support now actually works as compared to 5.r4, however it just seems to be a half hearted attempt.

The pitch sliders are inverted, the 4 effects buttons per deck aren’t really mapped well and the stop button doesn’t stop the track, it keeps settings cue points. I must say that the jog wheel are well coded, they’re responsive and playback resumes fast following the release of the platter…except that they don’t really spinback without you continuously rotatating the platter(something one can live with by using the spinback effect). Basically, my midi map is mapped perfectly to my needs, effects, sliders – I have the 4 buttons below each of the decks as well as their corresponding knobs mapped to the samples bay and knobs controlling the volume level, when I switch my midi bank the left ones become effects controllers (flippin double, flanger etc) and the right 4 become loop recorders. My brake effect is mapped to the ‘x’ buttons besides the decks and the other as my spinback effect. The wheels are mapped to the best I believe possible using the ‘midi mapper’ and options (unless SBDJ is using next mapper). So a perfect team so far, however the midi mapped jogs just don’t cut it. They aren’t as good as the native ones. They have delayed playback when released and delayed action when you spinback the wheel and you cannot hold the platter (playback still resumes). Can’t map the wheel nudge, without compromising the scratch etc. basically there are no new specific midi options so in the 5.7 than they were in the 5.5.

So to SBDJ, (our xponent guru), correct me if I’m wrong, are you saying that if I purchased VDJ pro, I will get more midi options so I could map my wheels or if I downloaded your mapper, the jogs are as good as the native supported jogs. I don’t see how and what you’ve done that I couldn’t do using midi mapping, but hey, who am I, ‘just an unlicenced user’ lol…but seriously do us have extra insider access to the software and have truly got the jogs mapped well? If you could please answer my questions below and if all true than u can count me in. With ur mapper?

1. Can you nudge the side of the patter?
2. can you spinback with a fick of the top platter?
3. Can you hold the top platter and playback stops until you release platter?
4. Is the playback and spinback response as quick as the native jogs?

These are the only flaws with midi mapping and have been since I last posted here beginning of the year, so what’s changed since. SBDJ don’t take offence, I respect what u are doing, but all I’m asking is how different is ur mapping from what I’ve done or others.

Secondly, If it turns out ur mapped jogs behave the same as mine, would I be able purchase VDJ Pro, and ask their team to customise the native support to my needs, e.g I give them my midi map and they incorporate it to native support for me so I get the best of both worlds. I get the nice reponsive jogs and all other buttons mapped to my liking? I think that is a reasonable rqst @ an extra charge obviously.

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 8:29 am
Basically the reason mine is different is because I'm not using the MIDI mapper at all, I've taken the time to write an actual plugin... this way I can implement different states, control LEDs, implement Shift functions and all sorts. This obviously requires programming skills, but with it I can implement spinback, scratch, nudge, pitch bend, touch sensitivity all on the jog wheel along with lots of features that can't be done with MIDI mapping. Some of these are customisable in the mapper, some are not.

It's been a while since I've used the mapper as I don't use an Xponent any more, but...

1. Touch sensitivity is implemented, so in scratch mode the platter scratches, the side bends.
2. You can spinback, and if you let go of the platter it will carry on spinning back until the speed of the jog slows down.
3. Touch sensitivity is implemented, so in scratch mode touching the platter stops playback until you release.
4. Not sure, I never used the native implementation to be honest.

You can ask the dev team to change the native control, and I can always make changes to my mapper to accomodate user requests too.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 11:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)