Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Prelistening with the Hercules Mobile DJ (white one)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

alyprebHome userMember since 2008
Is there anyway to prelisten with the Hercules Mobile DJ?
i know it doesnt have the sound card but if i have a 5.1 external usb sound card for my laptop shouldnt it work based on the same idea that one can prelisten when using the hercules DJ mp3 console ?
to fix this problem Hercules already came out with the black Prev Ed. which has the wireless headphones for prelistening but that doesnt do me much help since i have the first one already :(.
Also, from what i understand this device allows for mixing and i dont exactly see what i am missing out because i dont think the mk2 is amazing because from what i understand i can do just about all the mixing i need when dealing with house/funky/electro. i only need the jog wheel to sort out my BPM so no scratching is needed. so bascially i want to know the prelistening part and whether the mk2 has anything else special i am not picking up on. thanks very much
ps. the dual screen feature on the mobile dj is so cool its a shame that it wasnt included in the mk2 or dj mp3 console.

cheers,

Posted Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 7:07 pm
The primary considerations when comparing the MK2 with the Mobile DJ are the 4/4 integrated soundcard and the solidity and reliability of a direct connection. I think wireless is just too risky if you're going to gig with your unit (perhaps you've been victim to a wireless dropout, even on your network). That's just my opinion, though...If you're happy with it, you can always get another external soundcard to plug in for headphone prelistening.

The other option is to use a series of splitters from the output of your current soundcard. This, however, only works with pro version, and produces mono sound instead of stereo.

If you have a license, you should register your software to take advantage of upgrades and other goodies ;)

Posted Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 9:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)