Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Going legit.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys what up. Im not going to make any pretense about it, I've been using a cracked version of VDJ for some time now. Its not that I neccessarily like giving the shaft to software companies, but more about I was trying to handle the initial expenditure in sound equipment.

So I feel better about myself now that I have gone all legit. And now I feel comfortable asking tons of complicated questions.

I reformatted, of course, and my library is re-indexing. Everything works beautifully, except timecodes. They work intermittantly, signal levels jump all around.

I bought a TTM57SL to go to serato video, but my fastest computer couldn't even run it. (Overclocked @ 3.8ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, the works). So im going to make it with Virtual.

So my first question is this:

How do I properly handle grounding issues with these two Numark TT200 I bought?

All my equipment aside from amps/speakers is plugged into the same power strip on the same power conditioner.

Virtual is plugged in to the TTM57SL, and uses that as its audio out. I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the timecode to work through that box, so I have two cheap Berighnger U-Control USB audio cards that I use for the turntable in's. The tables are grounded to the TTM57SL

I was thinking that the U-Control audio cards could be half the problem. That being said, I have heard that both the Maya44's and the SL1 boxes are pretty shitty too. What does everyone use and what could I possibly be doing wrong here?

Thanks,

RaveDave

Posted Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 11:30 pm
you can use the SL-1 - lots of guys do on here

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 12:16 am
Thats interesting considering the guys at guitar center told me that it was a shitty way to go unless you were going to use serato.

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 2:44 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there the SSL mixer is locked to their software as its a HID not a midi mixer.

You can use it as a sound-card only though , if you don not want to use SSL why not trade it in for a Numark Virtual Vinyl interface and get a full midi mixer like the nuo4.

As to the tt200s , these are good for standard use as midrange turntables but for use with time-code i would recommend TT500's or TTX1's ( same as 500 but with bpm display)
you should ground them to your mixer or your computers case.

What Cartridges are you using ? , A good one to try is the Ortofon Concorde Digitracks they have been specially designed to read time-coded vinyls and provide higher quality when using standard vinyl.

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 4:52 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
SSD-RaveDave wrote :
so I have two cheap Berighnger U-Control USB audio cards that I use for the turntable in's.

Problem 1 most likely.

SSD-RaveDave wrote :
The tables are grounded to the TTM57SL

Ground tables to your computer case, to see if things change.

SSD-RaveDave wrote :
I was thinking that the U-Control audio cards could be half the problem. That being said, I have heard that both the Maya44's and the SL1 boxes are pretty shitty too.

What???? The majority of the most successful implementations for VirtualDJ is with a MAYA44 USB. I use it and have had mine for 4 yrs. It's all in getting the configuration right for your equipment. I don't know who told you that but it is not the case. And, the SL1 card is also very good - never used it, but know people have been very successful in implementing it as well.

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 6:31 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
SSD-RaveDave wrote :
Thats interesting considering the guys at guitar center told me that it was a shitty way to go unless you were going to use serato.

This is interesting, I'm from the UK so I don't know what the Guitar centres are like, but it sounds like to me the guys who work there, don't know shit about Audio software and Hardware, apart from Serato.

Are they that Brainwashed in thinking Serato is the Dogs Bollocks.

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 6:46 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
With regards to the Maya44usb (and i'm using one too) It is a bottom of the range budget card, no question about it. It does the job to an acceptable level for most, but its by no means professional or particularly high quality equipment. I don't think there is a cheaper card (I paid £69 for mine brand new) that offers the 4x4 format.

If money was no object, i could find a handful of cards that sound a lot better than the Maya44usb and have enough ins and outs for timecodes, but you have to weigh up the pro's and con's.

Gary

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 4:49 pm
nishyHome userMember since 2007
so any probs with the maya 44 usb?
how much latency is there?
im a scratch dj i dont use virtual dj but am thinking about it.
i heard about people getting hummin noises through the maya 44 usb does that happen always?
also any other problems at all with the maya 44 usb or is it the way for a close to pro scratch dj to use or is there any other soundcards to use thats usb and as cheap or maybe $50 more? i heard the ESI u46mk2 and u46dj are good but i gots $150 only for a soundcard if you find a cheap Esi U46MK2 or esi U46DJ please?

so sorry for all these questions but i need to know so i can make my mind up so plz help me plz thanks in advance

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 3:35 am
nishyHome userMember since 2007
just ignor the questions i asked i found out everything its all good

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 6:15 am
spdj20Home userMember since 2007
I actually have a U46MK2 I'm looking to sell. I've only had it since December, and I've used it only once. I'm leaning toward getting the Denon HC-4500 so I won't need the the extra soundcard. I bought it for $200, so I'm asking $150 for it. It's in mint condition if anyone is interested.

Sorry if we're not allowed to post this stuff but he mentioned he was looking for one, so I figured it might be ok

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 6:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)