Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VESTAX VCI100 midi controller doesn't work with virtualdj software..HELP!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vitaldjHome userMember since 2008
I've recently bought the Vestax vci100 midi controller but when i plugged it to work with Virtualdj software,to my surprise the message was displayed the controller cannot be detected!! Please HELP!!

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 10:59 pm
Yeah, are they compatible at all? Anybody knows?

Posted Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 9:59 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It is MIDI you have to use the MIDI Controller and configure it yourself.

As a licensed pro user there are a couple of MIDI config files that users have shared in our downloads section. Again, you must be a licensed Pro user to get access to the mappings.

Posted Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 11:47 pm
Hi, I am using the VCI-100. Yes, you need to be a PRO user to gain access to the MIDI Mappings on the Download page.

There are buttons that do not work with the current mappings. I am trying to understand the code to configure these myself. It is not easy.

The Vestax for the most part works ok. The Jog wheels, sliders, knobs. It is just a few of the push buttons that are not mapped.

I am having problems with video freezes and player freezes, and I am testing diskjockeydoc's USB power management suggestion detailed in my thread "Panic at the Disco"

Gotta get this stuff working, or will have to change to something more reliable. There is nothing worse than having a packed dance floor, and the software screws up, shutting off the music. Everyone turns around and boos. Very embarrassing.

jkl

Posted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 10:14 pm
vitaldjHome userMember since 2008
hey jimmy can you just send me the midi config file for the Vestax vci100 to work with virtualdj..I would appreciate it..
Respect,
DJ VITAL

Posted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 1:26 am
No
You have to be a Professional Edition User to gain access to those midi mapping files.

Posted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 12:04 pm
I have a VCI-100 and use the current mapping in the download section. Can say that the Vestax has never given me any problems whatsoever.

If you use multi effects, video, etc and not a fast computer, you can have problems, freezing, and undesirable operation.

This is why I only use it for playing music deck A, deck B. No effects, No sampling, No video. Never had a problem.

BC

Posted Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 7:54 am
Hi bcondemi!!!
Can U help me please! I need mapping 4 vestax VCI 100... Can U send it to me please? I'll be more than thankfull!

Posted Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 6:35 pm
I'm sort of in the same boat. I am a home edition user and I want to move up to the pro version. I just bought a VCI-100 and am now on the fence between upgrading Traktor (nice features, but there are quirks I absolutely HATE about it) or Virtual DJ (love the simplicity of VDJ).

Now, before I upgrade, I want to know and feel with my own two hands how the VCI mapper works. Sorry, but I just can't take someone else's word for it who may think it works great for their needs, but I end up woefully disappointed after I dropped x amount on the pro version.

Yes, I know that means having to try a cracked version to use with the mapper, but small sin to make sure I don't blow my money. If anyone can help me with the mapper it would be awesome. Please, no moral police. I understand, I am not trying to rip anyone off for their work.

Posted Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 6:58 pm
leenoHome userMember since 2008
Can you not get a trial version as my guess is that a cracked version may cause you more problems.

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 6:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)