Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Automix Bug, Audio Mutes!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Have mentioned this one before, and still seems to be present in 5.0.7. Load up a track and move the tempo end mix point real close to the end of the track. Load this track along with another track around the same speed into automix and let VDJ smart automix the tracks together (providing it chooses to tempo mix, and not fade mix, you should see the end cue marker in the pot YOU just put it)

One of two things happens, VDJ runs out of time to complete the mix, so mutes the sound completely for the amount of time, that track one has run out, but would be required to mix fully. IE End cue point 5 seconds from end of track, estimated required time to mix tracks 20 seconds = 15 seconds of silence. New track doesnt even fade in, it just "Appears" at the point the mix "Should" have completed.

The other way this can end is VDJ hangs for a moment at the mix point, the closes with no crashguard.

Something needs to be built in to either assist VDJ if one track is going to run out before it completes a mix, or to make sure that the fade time for mixing the two tracks is LESS than the remaining time from the end cue point of track one, to the actual end of track one.

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 1:17 am
Had another Automix crash the othere night caused by this, would love some feed back please.

Posted Sun 24 Feb 08 @ 12:32 am
Nobody want to try this!? it took months to show up for me, but when it did in the middle of a gig, you'll wish it was fixed!~

Posted Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 8:08 am
I had this happen once in testing. I changed the mix point and automix fade setting and it worked after some doing. The result was that I never played around with smart mixing again after that. I hope this helps, and I didn't want you to think that you were being ignored ;)

Posted Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 12:59 pm
But smart mixing (minus cut mix) sounds so cool, but is annoying having to watch PC while automix is active. Annoying thing is that VDJ puts the cue points there, and on some it still crashes its self with its own cue points.

Posted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 4:04 am
Hello,

I also already reported this by some time ago when the Automix was using the 2 desks.
I'm also very interested in correcting this.

DJ LARIOS

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 12:02 pm
It will eventually catch up with anyone that uses Automix, just a matter of when it finds that track with the cue point in the wrong place.

We really need some safety built into automix to prevent this issue.

Also found yesterday that adding a 8 second or so long "Promo" to the playlis by accident will cause VDJ to keep repeating the track previous to the Promo... forever, or at least until you remove the short track. note that it never actually plays the short track, just the track before it.

Posted Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 4:16 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I can't even use Automix. Can't get the feature to work correctly as it doesn't pay any attention to my cue points that I set for intro and outro. I have been trying and trying.....I can't be the only one with this problem....but I am not sure why nobody's really addressed the issue.

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 2:51 pm
Audio mutes for me also every night it does it.

What shall I do? change back to 4.3?

or is there a simpler solution?

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 9:30 am
Same here, I can confirm

I had silence at a end of song with combination of all songs after when tempo mixing. When shifted about 30 sec into the song, all mixing was OK.
Thanks god I am testing only now...

BTW is that dependant on the length of tempo mix? Can I set it somewhere?

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 2:34 pm
I can confirm this problem as well. It seems to only happen when using Automix in smart mode. Basically happens when the end cue point to go to the next video, audio is silent until the video file reaches the end.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 12:10 am
I notice another problem it seems after this silence occurs. After a few other videos have played then auto gain stops working. Taking it out of automix smart mode and changing it to automix remove silence seems to fix the problem with the auto gain not working.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 12:09 pm
Disregard the post on the auto gain issue, turns out that there were some songs that have different gain settings with the "Alway + Remember" feature.

However, the mute problem still presists using the Automix Smart mode.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 08 @ 10:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)