Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Presonus Firebox problems in VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have the latest versions of VDJ and Presonus Firebox drivers.
When I go into the Firebox settings from VDJ and set the sampling rate to 96KHz VDJ seems to reset the rate to 44.1KHz.
When I raise the sample rate to 96KHz the pitch more than doubles. Next time I start VDJ it has reset the rate to 44.1 again.

Changing the rate works perfectly outside of VDJ and it works in Traktor.

What am I doing wrong?

//D

Posted Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 2:36 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Because you are using a sample rate not supported ? That is why it is reset to 44.1.

Posted Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 6:24 am
I thaught this was transparent for the applications that use the sound card. So you mean that I can never utilize the full potential latency and quality wise from my Firebox with VDJ?

//D

Posted Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 7:13 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not all applications support all possible settings... in this case VDJ does not support a 96Hz setting.

Posted Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 10:42 am
What is the highest setting that VDJ support?

Does this have any audible influence on the sound quality comming out of VDJ, after effects processing and internal mixing?

Posted Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 4:40 pm
Sorry for BUMPing but this is kinda important to know for me since sound quality is important. In almost all aspects I prefer VDJ before Traktor but if the sound quality comming out from VDJ is not comparable to Traktor its a deal breaker for me.

Have anyone made back to back comparisons between the sound quality of VDJ and Traktor?

Posted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 4:42 am
Sorry for BUMPing but this is kinda important to know for me since sound quality is important. In almost all aspects I prefer VDJ before Traktor but if the sound quality comming out from VDJ is not comparable to Traktor its a deal breaker for me.

Have anyone made back to back comparisons between the sound quality of VDJ and Traktor?

I try with both softwares and in my opinion the tracktor sound better, i have one Audio 8 DJ soundcard and with VDJ can't select 96khz (pitch too faster), the problem comes when you try to use the KEYLOCK function.. the sound are very bad.
If you change the settings to 96Khz and use traktor with keylock, it sounds perfect.

This is one point to buy Traktor and not VDJ

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 2:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)