Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New user

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey,

After many years on PCDJ, i decided to make a change :)

I purchased VDJ and ordered the DMC upgrade chip :)

So far i'm very pleased. The only thing i do not like, is master tempo. I have it turned off, the sound quality is poor.

Any chance we hear software master tempo, just like hardware?

Alex

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 1:06 am
Welcome; I'm a former PCDJ user also. There are many of us here. The DEV Team is always working at improving VDJ. Furthermore, the Support Staff is very good. You also have many plugins, skins, and VST plugins to choose from. You can call this place home my VDJ brother.

OO

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 1:22 am
I must say that I still use FX and hope they will improve it some day, but this software is no joke. I mean it is VERY stable, the effects are sick, and the dev team updates it very regularly.

The latest update will allow us to map the DAC or DMC-1 buttons to whatever function we like. That's a step in the right direction and will help many of us. Asio divers also work flawlessly for me with a delta 44 and 66, so latency and cpu usage are super low. right now I am waiting for my vinyl to arrive and will start to play with that. It is definitely a great value.

I will probably still use fx until I am more comfortable with this software, but that shouldn't be too long now :D.

Good luck.

Killabee44

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 2:54 am
I will admit that I still have FX on my computer, which means I still have some hope of using it someday (I also have PCDJ Phat, Blue, and Red). I plan on incorporating FX into my digital music studio once it gets fixed. It gives you the option to keep it on top of any other software that you are simultaneously using with it, including VDJ. However, VDJ is now my choice of DJ software. This company understands the meaning and importance of customer satisfaction.

OO

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 4:27 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I put my fx in the trash Last july and haven't looked back. Vdj is my choice software for live and webcasting

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 4:51 am
I was unable to use FX, not even for one night.

It is the most unstable DJ software i've ever seen. I don't have it installed anymore

PCDJ RED though, is the most stable software i've ever seen :) I didn't have ONE crash for 1 months, maby years. Where is Jorgen..? :)

VirtualDJ is increadible. I place it on the top 3 of all DJ software. Could be 1st too.

Just fix any bugs we could come up with, ASIO, and better-sounding master tempo, and that's it :)

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 1:06 pm
welcome as a full user Al000 ;)

VDJ continues to improve in a fast speed ;) and Dev Team seem to fix stuff that users ask for ;)

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 1:49 pm
dj-in-norway—my VDJ Big Brother—we haven’t engaged in any cyber talk lately. It’s always comforting to see you so involved in this place I call my cyber home.

OO

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 5:24 pm
Really good to know.

I truly believe that support and regular updates are very important for software companies.

I feel welcomed here, i'll be visiting the board daily to chat with other members and check for updates.

:)

Alex

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 7:58 pm

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 10:32 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
FX has just been updated and is quite functional.
I am truly amazed on how well the DAC works with that program.
I can only wish and hope that future builds of VDJ will have complete support for the DAC and all controllers.
VDJ would rule the digital DJ world world.
And what better way to court new users if they can utilize their current controllers.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 12:29 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Rick,

its not as fuctional as you thought, since it single handedly destroyed your virtual dj database. I even posted a warning to others on the technial board here. Dac functions are coming check out the new features section. We are in the early planning stages on what we want the dac to do. Its pretty exciting. We are going to take the dac one step beyond what pcdj does with it.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 12:43 am
Just don't forget about DMC (version 2 ofcourse).

Most people use the DMC, it shouldn't be left out. It's a nice controller.

:)

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 12:58 am
al0000: “PCDJ RED though, is the most stable software i've ever seen”

It is rock solid; I think I’ll reinstall it on my system and do some reminiscing….

Mp3rick: “FX has just been updated and is quite functional.”

I received an e-mail from Ryan about the update. However, it doesn’t appear that this current update is the new audio engine that VISIO has been promising for some time now. When the new audio engine is finally released, I’ll try FX one more time because I paid for it. However, I've gotten tired of the PCDJ roller coaster ride. Consequently, I had to climb aboard the VDJ express. The thing that I really like about VDJ is that you don’t receive prolonged promises, you get timely results—I applaud the entire VDJ Team!

OO

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 2:17 am
Lee_03Home userMember since 2005
on VirtualDJ, when you record, you can broadcast, where do you get the plugins for this / and for mp3 recording?

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 3:14 am
Broadcast is only supported in the full version. Sorry

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 3:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)