Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: need help configuring for best performance on vista!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

alright...so i bought a dell xps m1330 with 120 hardrive at 5400 rpm, 3 gig's of ram, intel core 2 duo 1.5ghz and a NVIDIA GeForceTM Go 8400M GS with 128MB dedicated DDR3 graphics memory all on the santa rosa platform....
sooo...what i want to do is partition my drive into a 30 gig partition for me to go online with, download stuff, stream movie's, whatever...the other one would be bare vista with cue and a couple of other programs i use but basicly no internet,no fancy ....
my question is what settings should i use for vista to keep it bare minimum and is vista going to act funny if i have vista on both partition...
pls let me know what would be the best configuration to get cue working perfectly.
thanks

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 9:50 am
Hi, When I partitioned my hard drive, I used a program called "partition magic". Maybe it's possible to do it in vista without any extra programs though, I'm not sure.

In my blog (just click on my name), I've done a list of the vista services I have running to just operate VDJ and nothing else. Hope that helps.

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 11:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)