Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: bran new user..smiley face crash????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi...i just got vdj about 2 week's ago, i got it working on one deck for about half an hour, everytime i go to advance view in the timecode config it give's me a fatal error with a smiley face ,then it crash's and closes, i dont have the time to read the error message....is anybody else getting this?????....i have a bran new dell xps 1330 with core 2 duo 1.5ghz, 3 gig's of ram, dedicated 128 meg video card from nvidia, i use an external 7200 rpm hardrive.....
i'm getting frustrated cause it's deffinantly not reliable like the site say's and i just want it to work without a hitch....
is there a better vista driver?????
is there a tech support number i can call to speak to someone directly???
is there a clean all software to take all the driver's and everything else for me to uninstal properly and try reinstaling( cause everytime i uninstal it never asks me to instl the driver from a specific location witch maby would fix the problem???

pls help ...anybody, i'm just about to return and buy serato....
thanks ahead.
justbesound...

Posted Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 10:29 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there there is now 5.07 for VV users which should hopefully resolve this for you grab it in your download center.

but could you please go to My Documents > Numark Cue and open the "Crashguard report.txt" file

and please post the data here.

you can get the latest windows driver on www.numark.com

http://www.numark.com/company/media2.php?download_id=XGNWYQc2Dzs%3D

if you want to open a ticket to the team http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/

There is a tool , http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/tools.html to clear all registry references , you need to uninstall then run this and reinstall if updating doesnt solve the issue for you.

aslo are you using the power adaptor , if so do not it is not nessary.

Posted Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 1:00 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 2:13 pm
cool on the info tab , seen it Restore to factory settings try that

Posted Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 4:43 pm
...finaly ...help....thanks everyone...i'll try it tonite and i'll post all my error messages...
also...just a general question, does anybody use this vv with the video engine live at gig's?? if so...how as it held up and r you guy's generaly happy with the performance of it, i can still return it and i'm sooooo unsure of my purchase...it seem's to be mostly negative feedback i read on here but thats what you get from forums mostly anyway....just want to get feedback on good experiences.
thank you for your time
justbesound

Posted Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 7:40 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
just be sound wrote :
also...just a general question, does anybody use this vv with the video engine live at gig's?? if so...how as it held up and r you guy's generaly happy with the performance of it, i can still return it and i'm sooooo unsure of my purchase...it seem's to be mostly negative feedback i read on here but thats what you get from forums mostly anyway....just want to get feedback on good experiences.
thank you for your time
justbesound

You are currently in the Forum PC Version Bugs Report so of course you find bad comments here lol
It's better to ask your question in the General Forum.

Posted Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 9:43 am
just be sound wrote :
...finaly ...help....thanks everyone...i'll try it tonite and i'll post all my error messages...
thank you for your time
justbesound

Like DJ cel says if you look in a technical support area your going to see problems here just like with any products technical support areas , take a look at the general forums and reviews on the web and the numarks forums and that way you can make a more informed opinion about it.

But ultimately each person has their own preferences so why not give the new version a try and make your own mind up :)

Personally now i use it all the time now video scratching with VV is something else the first time people see some one mixing a video with it there is a general sense of awe in the audience .

for me , it performs very well and the latest version on both pc and mac. It is used full time by famous Djs and VJS such as cold-cut and DJ ICY ICE from the World Famous Beat Junkies.

To use video in stratch live you need the rane mixer which is crazy money , the sl1 box and a video plugin and you are limited to this configuration and this doesnt promise you stability either there are many issues with sll too

I find a good point of VV is that it is expandable to your needs through the use of video plugins , sound plugins , vst and freeframe effects and supports any midi hardware or sound-card and with an open system allowing any one to make their own plugins the limit of vv is peoples imagination.

If you still have problems after updating please let us know and we can help you out :)

Posted Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 11:37 am
Dude I had the same problem. Bought a new laptop and now have a different problem, but it's working most of the time - issues mostly with video. VDJ is looking at an issue with NVidia cards (some not all) so what model/version of NVidia card will be helpful in troubleshooting. I think its with the 8XXX series or something like that. Done Serrato and it has flaws, glitches, whatever too. I updated to 2.2 ghz on my second laptop. My 1.73Ghz works as long as it's without timecodes, so what you're trying to do is also important. Timecodes are important to me as I'm a DJ, not a Computer... even though I'm a computer engineer by day (real job). By the way, I found XP to work better than Vista, but that's just me. I'm also using a Dell box since my Toshiba box wasn't cutting it.

Posted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 11:02 am
i just got my stuff yesterday and i am having so many issues, i made sure i bought something with power (laptop), and when i try to use virtual dj with the hercules it sticks, skips and sometimes the crossfader dont even work, what can be wrong?? is it because i am on vista, but i realise that the LE version was not skipping but from the time i bought the full version it has been horror and i am suppose to play tonite i guess i have to go back to the same old cd players, can some one please advice me, its a dell xps by the way 2.20ghz and 3 g of memorey

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 2:39 pm
after doing some research i am beginning to think that my dell xps just have a asio driver problem, i tried the virtual dj and the hercules on a mac book pro and it works well but on my dell its a horror, it gone from skipping to when i open vj there is a messeges saying asio driver error, that hercules just dont work with this shit vista and the dell xps, after setting up the sound set up so it works without skipping you cant use the eq on the external mixer, therefore the head phone cue dont work the way it should, i think i made a bad chioce buying the dell xps for vj and hercules now i have to borrow a mac to play tonite

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 11:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)