Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SUGGESTION BOX IN 2.06

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

markPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello just upgraded to 2.06
Great program guys wouldnt use anything else now.

Just a quick question.

Some tracks in my suggestion box either will not play or does not have the bpm stored. Yet in other folders say my DANCE folder these same tracks load and play fine and keep the bmp stored. Why should the suggestion box behave differently to everywhere else ?????

Ta.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 11:11 am
Mine shows no songs. It did and then they disappeared. Dev. Team. What cues it behavior. What is this for? Is it controllable? What does it feed off of. Please let us know. May be useful.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 7:23 pm
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, please answer this.
How do you take songs out and add songs in?
Thanks

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 10:43 pm
DJ RussPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If your referring to the MUSIC folder inside Virtual DJ, then this is what I do. I am running version 2.06 of Virtual DJ.

I run my shows from my Laptop but I also have the same music stored in identical folders on my desktop. I then transfer over the music from my desktop to my laptop.

I know I am adding an extra step but this system provides me with an archival back-up in case of emergenices such as a crash on my laptop. I keep one folder on my desktop specifically for new music that I want to bring to the laptop. I then go through this music on the desktop and transfer each song or song's to the apppropriate folder on my laptop within Virtual DJ.

You can access the internal workings of Virtual DJ by going to my computer then to the drive where Virtual DJ is stored (if you have multiple drives); go to Programs, then find Virtual DJ. Open the folder and one of the sub-folders is MUISC. This is where you can add additional sub-folders (categories of music).

Once I have added new music, I open VIrtual DJ, go through each category "Analysing" or as in version 2.06 "Scanning" each new file which also determines the BPM for me.

So far this has worked great. I hope this helps.

Yours in music,

DJ Russ

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 5:26 am
I have just worked it out guys.

The suggestion box scans your playlists. And it takes the most played tracks from all of your playlists and puts them in the suggestion box.

Problem is if you have moved a track from say your House folder to your Funky House folder. The playlist from say last week still thinks it is in the House folder so will not play in the suggestion box.

I have just deleted all of my playlists over the past month and am starting again. This has solved my problem of certain tracks not playing in my suggestion box. Hope this helps some people ????

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 10:08 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Mark, thank you you for the info.
It is a kind of playlist.. then,
or a best of /most played songs playlist.
----
As for the not present/moved files problem, a good idea
is virtual dj to make playlists using "relative path"

Read more:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=8293

This will at least solve the problem with changed drive letters.

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 10:42 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
The suggestion box shows a list of songs that you usually play, according to your past playlists.
The list is dynamic: it will select the proposed songs according to several criterias, the most important one being the last few songs you just played. (this also means that each time you play a new song, it will change the results and display another set of suggestion).

If you have moved some songs to another folder, the suggestion box will still smartly display the good path, as long as your search database is up-to-date.

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 3:35 pm
Thanks Dev Team

I had to delete my playlists because it was still picking up an external harddrive that i dont use anymore... That is even after a scan. Anyway all sorted now. Does that mean if you play motown it will suggest motown tracks and if you play rnb it will suggest rnb tracks... WOULDNT THAT BE GOOD ??

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 4:02 pm
it will show songs that you usually play close to the song you are currently playing (having played about 5 songs in a row)

If you usually play more motown songs after the current motown song, the suggestion box will show motown songs ;) Its based on what you have done before...

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 4:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)