Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HDC road case wanted

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am looking for a pre-made up hard (or soft padded) case that has two sections

one side (preferrably on the left) will hold the Hercules DJ console (Dimensions of unit without cover: H:7.9 x W:9.25 x D:2.5)
on the other side, space for my 1 inch thin laptop (DimensionsWxDxH 10.9" x 9.6" x 1")

In the back some space for wires and AC adapter.

something like this only bigger...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41403&item=3764127215&rd=1

-->anyone got any ideas?

WirelessDJ

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 10:05 pm
just one thing m8....what ever size you decide to go with make sure you can ADD moduals to it...also i think in the long run you will find that putting the lap top behind the console is the better way to go...these will be your two main components of your dj set up that you use and will be the center of your attention....any cd or tape ( tape? ) playersyou use can go to the left and right of your laptop...

this is how it may look

mic holder (with goose neck)
tape tape
CD player lap top CD player
DJ console

another config might be this

mic holder (with goose neck)
tape CD player lap top CD player tape

DJ console

i will try to draw up some better plans for you and post them here....also if any of the teamers would be so kind as to give this gentleman my e-mail addy i am sure i can help him out on his quest.....ty

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 3:09 am
it did not post the config the way i drew it up so i have to make some pictures...i will get back here as soon as i can

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 3:11 am
Im thinking When Automix (or hercules) fixes the cue monitor problem, I can just carry 5 things to a small party gig

laptop
laptop ac adapter
Hercules DJ console
Microphone

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 4:08 am
here is what I found so far

gator G-MIX 12x24
Molded from an incredibly durable high-density military grade Polyethylene, this lightweight yet super strong material insures maximum protection at a weight you can easily handle. This case boasts a heavy-duty valance, recessed latches, built-in wheels and a pull-out handle. The interior is fully adjustable to firmly hold the mixer in place during transport. G-Mix-12x24 interior dimensions: 23-1/4" L x 12" W x 4-1/4" D.

AMERICAN AUDIO PRO SCRATCH CASE
Custom case for Pro-Scratch systems • Aluminum railing for added protection • Uniquely designed hinged doors • Very lightweight • Dimensions: 30” L x 6.5” W x 16.5” H / 762 x 165.1 x 419.1 mm • Weight: 12.4 lbs. / 5.63kg.

I have to measure the two with a padded spacer to see if it all will fit nicely

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 4:26 am
make sure that what ever you get is TUFF....have it so that all the wires that need to come out....power, speaker and mic all come out on the same side.....not on the front as you will trip over them and not from the back because it looks unprofessional.....when you decide what side you want them to come out of always set up with that side to a wall...string the wires out and off your set up table so they fall next to the wall and set up your speakers where you need them....of course if you are on a stage you will not have to do all of this....as for carring stuff in...well.....speakers amp and console ( once made ) are all that you will have to carry in........good luck........

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 11:53 am
after clicking on your name and going to where you are linked up i see you do not need any advice from me for a console...lol

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 11:58 am
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is this to use during the set? If so, won't ventilation to the laptop be a problem?

If I'm being dumb, and it is just for transport, you could go for something like a Targus laptop rucksack. I've got one, and it would easily hold the DJC, mic, laptop and cables. It is well padded, water resistant and fairly anonymous looking.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 7:58 pm
never even thought of the venting problem. i think what he is trying to do is get it set up so there is a minimum of work to do the actual set up/working mode. you know like the old style console with mixer and two tables...anyways...venting should not be a problem if proper thought is put into the design...

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 7:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)