Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DMC1 DAC2 mapper

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all

Ok what about this DMC1 DAC2 mapper dll is this something we need to make ourself or is this someting that will be given?

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 6:10 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Its something we are going to have to make. There is a thread in the new features where I'm asking all of us dac/dmc users to get together and decide what we want it to do. Then we'll have to pool together and find out who can do what to make this happen. I'm still asking the team for a list of supported commands and haven't heard back yet.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 10:18 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
The available commands are the exact same as in the effect sdk or the skin sdk. Or, more easily, it's the exact same commands as in the shortcut window.
Anyone familiar with writting effect plugins for vdj should be able to write a mapper plugin easily.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 2:27 pm
danielsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
But where is the interface defined to write a mapper plugin? The effect SDK seems to cover only the effect-specific interaction. I couldn't find anything else in the developers section.

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 4:13 pm
For the DMC1/DAC2 mapper, you need to create a specific .DLL file (yes that means you need to master C++ to do that ;).

You can find the required header here: DMC1Mapper.h and an example of the actual default mapper here: DefaultDMC1Mapper.cpp.

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 4:20 pm
danielsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the quick reply. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 4:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)