Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XP-10 vs Timecoded vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First of all, I can't seem get my hercules djconsole detected, so my status is not set to what it should be...

Anyway... Does anyone have experience with both tc vinyl AND xp-10's? My mind was kind of set on the XP-10's, but then I discovered that I can get pretty good turntables (ex. numark tt200) for more or less the same price. Cons, pros? Of course I know there are no vdj-function buttons on a turtable and that it is less portable, so I'm more interested in the feel, cueing, scratch etc. Not that I'm looking to be a turntabelist or anything, but with a turntable you can also play conventional records wich is kind of hard (to say the least) with the xp-10. Oh and if the scratching-abilities of the xp-10 is just a little better than the djconsole, forget it, cos that's crap, though ok for cueing and pitchbend.

Oh, and also: Can I use the djconsole as ASIO-card for the tc vinyl?

SjurSjur

Posted Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 9:30 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You have to check the video out of the DJ get down on TC. I have not experienced either the console or TC but TCV seems to REALLY simulate real life with Vinyl. Nothing beats it. CD's, software, doesn't beat mixing with Vinyl. The console/controller is like mixing with CD's...just my opinion.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 6:49 am
Did you update your status in your personal profile?

Posted Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 7:11 am
Yup! Now I have, but I had to reinstall the VDJ to make it work.

Anyway: Maybe now I will get more replies? Hope so... Anyway let me rephrase my questions a little. How does users of the XP-10 and/OR TC vinyl find them? Of course the XP-10 has lot's of buttons and the Vinyl is probably a lot better to scratch with, but appart from that:

1. How stable are the repective solutions (seems like people have some ASIO problems, and that the connections of MAYA 44 is kind of screwy with TC vinyl for instance)?

2. Is the high touch-sensibility of the XP-10 a real problem or is it something that won't be a problem once you're used to it? (I might be doing som club night and parties and screw-ups are of course not desirable)

And I must repeat:
3.Is it possible in any way to use the Hercules DJ CONSOLE as ASIO sound card for TCV?
3,5. If not, will there be?

4. Is there any limitation of TC vinyl with the Demo version (latency etc)? (since I currently just own the DJ console version I have not got support for either TCV or XP-10...)

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 10:49 pm
BTW why am I still rated no licence user? I've got a legit version of the 1.08...

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 10:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)