Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: serato soundcard w/ vdj???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok I'm wondering if the serato soundcard works with the 5.0 and up version of VDJ. If anyone knows, what is like the latency of it, has anyone tried it, just lil things

Thanks,
Mike

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 12:45 pm
i personally use it and i think it's fantastic, i don't run timecoded vinyl with it but i do run TCCDs and it works flawlessly! sound quality is great, no annoying hisses, clicks, etc...

fine piece of equipment IMHO

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 12:47 pm
thanxs man and do u run it with xp or vista??? cause like i have the numark icdx running strait to my laptop but it gives me terrible latency with vista....i have an xp but its in the shop getting usb ports repaired

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 12:53 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
SAME HERE SL1 works good with xp pro and VDJ 5.6 the only thing that I would wish for is to be able to use SL1 with a second card so I would get preview and sampler in to my mixer via the third channel

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 2:15 pm
i run XP, i refuse to upgrade to vista for the time being...i also run iCDX's directly more often than not (sometimes i will run the iCDX's with TCCD), it works very well both ways!

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 3:30 pm
like to run the icdx with the tccd would i have to hook it up through my hercules or how would i work that???

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 4:38 pm
you can run the iCDXs on timecodes right through the SL-1...just hook them up to the inputs of the SL-1 and make sure your outputs go to your mixer. get into the timecode config menu and waalaa! =)

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 1:32 pm
well i havent got the money to get serato yet its just somethin we tryin next friday wuth one of my friends we doin a tag team show at one of the clubs i played at and was just makin sure if any problems came up i had all the issues covered before we started thanxs everyone

Posted Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 3:30 am
In my honest opinion, i think that the Serato SL-1 is the best soundcard interface to use with VDJ. Not only does it work extremely well. It gives you the option of having Serato's Scratch Live on your system. Not to over glorify the competitors product but there is just no denying that Serato is surely becoming the club standard (kinda like how all clubs have Pioneer CDJ1000's and Technics 1200's). Even VDJ recognizes this and added the ability to read your serato "Crates".

You never know if the opportunity may present itself to spin with more well known DJ's and because you have serato ready to go if needed.

Sadly enough I had lost an opportunity to work with Biz Markie because he was traveling and going to spin at a local club that I had worked at before. He didn't have his SL-1 and the club owner had called me to see if I had one they could use. At the time I was using VDJ and the ESI U46DJ so i couldn't be of any help :(

Never again!! It's better to be prepared and not have an opportunity than to have an opportunity and not be prepared...

Posted Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 9:09 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
ive used the sl1 card with vdj. it does work fine. but there are other soundcards that will give you less latency and higher quality sound. however you will pay more for it obviously. sl1 will do just nicely though.

@Dizzle, sorry to hear you lost out on an op dude, but it seems really silly that you lost out because the other dj wasnt prepared with what obviously is his responsibility. F1 racers dont show up at the track and ask to borrow a car...

you also could have shown up and introduced him to VDJ ;-)

Posted Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 9:17 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
what are some of these soundcards that are better than the sl-1?

i have a u46dj right now and am not really THAT impressed with the latency. it doesn't come close to normal cd's when using hot cues etc... cause the timecode slips after a while and the cues are off.

i don't really care how much it costs (up to 600 is okay) but i want a great soundcard so I can use my hotcue buttons on my cdj's

any suggestions are greatly welcomed.
thanks,
kedar

Posted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 6:52 pm
t8byHome userMember since 2005
I want to get the best soundcard. what is better U46dj, U46MK2, ScratchAmp, serato. ? I want to get virtual dj but they told me that sound is no good or better than cds. so I want to know if any of this cards are going to sound as good as cds.. thanks for help

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 11:53 pm
ASTRXHome userMember since 2008
Hi All New Here!
DJ X Aviator
My Setup
[2] - iCDX
[1] - USB950 Numark Mixer - Built-in Sound Card.
http://www.numark.com/dm950usb
Getting DMX01 USB 24Bit
http://www.numark.com/dxm01usb

[1] - Laptop XP VDJ (Running Min - All Updates)
- - - - - - - 1.6Gig CPU
- - - - - - - 1.5Gig RAM
[1] - 250Gig portable HD
[1] - 320Gig portable HD

Sound quality Works Great, I have 4 USB 2.0 ports
But my iCDX's are running in a 1.0 USB 4 port Hub. Will buy new one just been lazy.
Everything other is on 2.0 USB

I am happy to say everything is running great 95% but I do have prob with sometimes touching platter where it would load the file over again.
When the file is not playing that is okay.
But when it is playing. sometimes it stops the music completely. not good in Clubs.
But I learned to jump to a new jam fast. Will update my Numark Firmware. I did not do this.

Great website.
[[[[[OFF Topic]]]]]
Where can I get Record Pools Mashups
Hip Hop Mashups
Latin Mashups
Dance, so on and so on.

Thanks all
DJ X Aviator

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 11:49 am
Paz75 wrote :
you also could have shown up and introduced him to VDJ ;-)

Now that's what you call optimism......

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 10:43 pm
HI IM WONDERING I JUS DOWNLOADED TIME CODED CD OK AND I HAVE 2 NUMARK AXI 2 OK AND I HAVE THE NEW BEHRINGER DDM 4000 OK AND WHEN I INSERT THE TIME CODED CD IN TO MY NUMARK AXI2 CD PLAYERS AND I SET UP THE MIXER CORECTLY AS MIDI IT WONT SCRATCH DO I NEED A CD PLAYER THAT HAS THE SCRATCH FUNKTION OR EM I DOING SOMETHING RONG OR WHAT PLEASE EMAIL ME AND ANSWER MY ? AT --@--.-- I WOULD REALLY LIKE FOR THIS TO WORK AND NOT HAVE TO BUY EXPANCIVE CD PLAYERS JUS TO PLAY WITH THIS SOFTWEAR THANKS

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry dj_kickass no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 8:30 pm
Has anybody used the SL1 with VDJ on a macbook? My VDJ "unexpectedly quit" when I tried to config for TCCD thru the SL1. Any thoughts?

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 12:16 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djtonyidol wrote :
Has anybody used the SL1 with VDJ on a macbook? My VDJ "unexpectedly quit" when I tried to config for TCCD thru the SL1. Any thoughts?

You can't use the SL1 with VirtualDJ on MAC because the sound card is locked.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 7:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)