Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Xponent Mapper Update... - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Sometime when I us the crossfade the music comes in to hard (Hi). Can the crossfade be made to be smoother

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 2:27 pm
remedyzPRO InfinityMember since 2007
crossfader sensitivity is controlled within VDJ options is it not?

Posted Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 12:19 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 1:19 am
crossfader sensitivity is controlled within VDJ options is it not?

Yes it is but its not working just right for me.

But this will be something I will try

You can use the Crossfader Curves plugin

thanks guys

Posted Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 5:57 am
After playing with this plugin I still think it would be a good thing if it could be add to the
Xponent mapper options. But if not I understand.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 6:38 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'd rather not, I simply send the crossfader position to VDJ and let it decide where it should be. I think having three possible adjustments (VDJ Options, Plugin, and Xponent plugin) would be overcomplicating things...

Posted Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 9:01 am
SBDJ

I just wanted to say I do understand man the crossfader plugin works good but if you want to
use it with other plugin (like the Flanger) you may run into some problems. VDJ Options for the
crossfader is ok to but it could be a little better.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 9:57 am
Hi Scott , how close are you to finishing the 1,21 ??
Thanks 4 All , Paul

Posted Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 5:42 am
Hi Scott , could i please ask you a question ?
Ever since i installed the Runtimes on windows i have been having various little problems.
I get (only sometimes) an error message on start up like timeout on runtimes.This is usually when the pc is not connected to the xponent.
I also have other little probs on start up.
Last night eg the sound was distorted on start up so i dis installed and ri installed the latest m audio driver that were of course already installed and everything came back normal.... Any ideas what has happened to my system ??
Thanks a Lot Paul

Posted Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 8:56 am
Hello Scott,
my decks are running with slightly different speed too. beat sensitivity slider in VDJ/ xponent menu can be set in steps and only values 2043 or 2052 are possible. it is not possible to set correct 2048 value.
thanks for reply

Posted Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 4:03 pm
more info about drift. when you open first time VDJ/xponent both decks play synchronized untill you touch any jogwheel, after that they are definitely and forever out of sync ( you need regularly change phase). It does not help you to load them again and reset pitch to zero. The songs are not synchronized.

Posted Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 2:00 pm
Already aware, and have fixed that ;)

Posted Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 2:14 pm
Hi Scott
could I expect new version before christmas ? would be great....best regards

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 5:19 pm
Hi Scott

Bro take your time , man he is not paying you , for all you free work for us

Thanks again

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 11:59 pm
Hi Scott , I Agree....take your time

@ Madlenm , i think you should be more respectful.......... Do you understand that SBDJ does this job for free.??
If he didn't do it we all would have little hope to have a mapper of this type or high quality.
Please a little more respect for other people , there is no need for sarcasm.
Have a good day..

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 6:43 am
I'm very sorry to be unpolite. I didnot realize it is offensive and the job is done for free.
If I am able to create such mapper I would do it myself .
The truth is that my VDJ and Xponent don't do the job I expected for such money. Pitty. Nothing alone is perfect
Anyway thanks at least for reply. I keep my fingers cross for you. Best regards

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 4:03 pm
New version will be out this week. I've lost my setup temporarily as my studio is now becoming the nursery and I've been busy decorating. Hope to get my stuff set back up in there tomorrow evening :)

What exactly doesn't VDJ do for you then?

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 9:08 pm
haydosPRO InfinityMember since 2008
hey scott.

been using your mapper, it's great.
i struggle to see what you CAN'T do with an xponent, your mapper, and vdj !!

i seem to be suffering from the dreaded 'beatlock creep' it's happened twice now.
i reinstalled the plugin 1.20, and also made sure i had .net, c++ and directx all correctly installed as per the links earlier in this thread.
i also have vdj 5.2.1 freshly installed.
it only becomes a problem when you use the jog wheels, or "i think" the pitch slider.

also, not sure if you knew, but the final message that appears after installing the plugin says 1.10 up the top :)
cheers.
haydn

Posted Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 4:41 pm
Hi Scott , i don't know if i am still in time but tonight i forgot my mouse at home and had to work only with the xponent keys.
There is still a small problem with the arrows beside the key lock,the ones that allow me to move from left to right etc and allow me to move from browser to middle list and play list etc.
They do not always respond , oftern i must move to the left before i can move to the right , could you tweek this to be more accurate,
very best regards for your great work , Paul

Posted Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 7:20 pm
ps, Having said all of that tonight they worked ok , i don't understand this,,,they do not always respond as they should , thanks P.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 8:27 pm
69%