Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: EKS XP5 Controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PsylocePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Does anyone know if the EKS XP5 can be used with VDJ; is it supported natively? It seems to be pretty much the same thing as the XP10 only with a better spec-out on many features. Anyhow can I enable XP10's in VDJ and use the XP5's? Does anyone have them yet? I noticed that they are available from web shops in the USA and only cost about 130$ US. Thanks for any helpful info...

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 5:38 pm
quaddHome userMember since 2007
I'm very interested in knowing this answer as well. I noticed a price difference from the xp10 on the eks website. I was hoping if this was workable for use with VDJ

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 2:08 pm
Well, I purchased 2 xp5's today and they don't seem to work with the xp10 control enabled. I guess tomorrow I'll configure it manually in the default midi config. (Unless I can find an .xml file online for it)

Posted Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 12:17 am
i also bought two xp5 controllers thinking they can work with virtual dj, can it work. i need an answer asap got radio 2maro morning...

Posted Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 4:07 pm
Well, This is my 1st attempt @ configuring a MIDI controller for VDJ. So far it seems to work well. I'll be adding more functions later... Load this xml file into your general midi config section of Virtual DJ.

http://www.thirstymusic.com/thirsty_files/xp5-vdj.r.04.zip

I'll update it with a newer file later, If any of you create or find a better xp5 config, please share :o)

D

Posted Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 5:44 am

Posted Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 5:46 am
I download ur file where exactly u put it in the virtual dj

Posted Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 3:13 am
2bigproHome userMember since 2006
hey does anybody have a patch or a real patch made by virtual dj so i can use the xp5. does anybody know how to create one please let me know cuase i want to use it so bad with virtual dj

thanks

Posted Sun 02 Mar 08 @ 8:35 pm
CAN A VIRTUAL DJ MEMBER CREAT A XML FILE FOR XP5 PLZ, IT SHOULD BE MADE AS SAME AS THE XP10 PLZZZZ

Posted Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 9:28 pm
ghatsbyHome userMember since 2006

Posted Fri 07 Mar 08 @ 8:00 am
your xml file was ok but u need to get the scratch thing right can you please create that part and thanks...

Posted Sun 09 Mar 08 @ 11:12 am
Marph84PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nobody in here who has solved the scratch Problem???

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 7:52 am
Hey peeps

When I go into Config under Remote Control, I see my Xp5 is recognised as an Xp10 since the green light icon is on if i tick Enable. If I tick the MIDI box Enable the light is red, and I can't find how to map the device controls.

I have downloaded some Xp5 XML files, but due to the above I don't know where to start to load these up.

I have set up my VDJ as having no timecodes, and the Xp5 and ESI U46MKII soundcard are plugged in via USB.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 2:53 am
2bigproHome userMember since 2006
hello, hello,

so we all hate this xp5 right?...i wish i can buy the xp10 but it's just to expensive, so here we all are stuck.
so i contacted eks, and asked them for a solution and this is what they gave me
try it out let me know, how it works or if it does work, and if so show me, cause we should all try to help each other
cool

peace out hit me of an email or just post dont give up people,

okay i dont know how to put it in here if someone can show me that would be great

or email me and i'll send it to you
jcajigal@gmail.com

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 4:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)