Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: watch DJ GetDown's video of the timecoded vinyls - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:47 pm
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Excellent. Answers many questions in one fell swoop.

Any chance of a kitlist of what he is using?

Thanks for the clip.

r

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:52 pm
Now that's really great! shows all the good stuff!

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 2:05 pm
Wow! AWESOME VIDEO! Really shows off the product.

and I appreciate that he demonstrated how it is done with the crossfader. That is hard to master; you have to be quick

I want to see that done with the XP10's! I challange somebody try that and post a video.

WirelessDJ

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 2:14 pm
NIIIIIIIICE

:D

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 5:27 pm
cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sun 21 Nov 04 @ 1:48 am
Hello People!!! Dream come true, after downloading and watching The VDJ TCV Video I would like to inform you that the video you created in this VDJ website for the demonstration specifically of the Virtual DJ Time Coded Vinyl is Excellent. I’m sure this step will attract more prospective customers worldwide!!!

VDJ is the best and number 1 in the world of new digital djjing, I really appreciate that “dj_getdown” he demonstrated how it is done with the cross fader. That is hard to master; That is cool, fantastic!!!

I would like to buy some Vdj products. Specially VDJ time coded Vinyl, However, since my country, Philippines, or Saudi Arabia where I work now is not included among those 45-member countries listed in “Paypal”, I can not make Paypal account also any order/purchase and can not choose any mode of payment.

Posted Sun 21 Nov 04 @ 5:41 pm
Fantastic.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 7:09 am
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A great demostration indeed!

Who knows the title of the second song he play in the video? I like it very much...

Ciao!! :)

Posted Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 10:36 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ GET DOWN-showing some mad skillzzz. The second song he scratched to was Jam On It-Newcleus. Good tune, right around my time frame. Get's into some wacky alien rap but still a good beat. A great demo for time coded vinyl. You son of a #$%#@$ are going to make me buy turntables. Is there anything...direct drive...that is cheaper and good enough to scratch on nowadays vs. the 1200's?

Posted Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 6:34 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Damn, I have to look at it again. Someone pls give me a good scratch turntable that's not Technics's....I cant' use a jog wheel...it's personal.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 8:17 am
The other song was Fab Freddy Five, a classic...

Posted Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 9:37 am
pegazusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
amezing!!

Posted Thu 25 Nov 04 @ 1:10 am
WOW - OMG- BLOWS ME AWAY - ok this is really hard to swallow ^^

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 1:09 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Just fantastic. Like being at the show. You guys are the best!!

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 7:32 pm
Very impressive! DJ GetDown got down on the video.

OO

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 10:03 pm
I would like to know what type (name) of LCD that is?

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 11:08 pm
Corporate staff:

You should consider making a 60-minute DVD of DJ GetDown getting down. You should have him demonstrate various virtual scratches with VDJ. The DVD could be called “VIRTUAL SCRATCHES.” Consider selling the DVD between $15 to $20. The idea is to get turntable DJ’s to see the potential of using VDJ and to give current VDJ users a good virtual scratch tutorial. Here’s an excellent scratch DVD:

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl?eqint_KeyIDdata=31069&UID=2004070212472196#PI

If you browse this site, you will find more (however, pssl.com use to sell many more):

http://www.pssl.com/categories.tpl?str_category=BV&uid=2004070212472196&TType=2

Anybody that considers buying some scratch videos from this site, don’t waste your money on these:

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl?eqint_KeyIDdata=34396&UID=2004070212472196&TType=2

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl?eqint_KeyIDdata=34395&UID=2004070212472196

Consequently, I’m looking forward to buying “VIRTUAL SCRATCHES” from the pssl.com next year…

OO

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 8:49 am
Ok i got a few questions, but first someone wanted to know what that second song was

its Jam on it - Newcleus

now, i have a few questions about specifically what sound card, and what version of virtual DJ was dj getdown using?! system specs would be great too. not the reccomended ones. i want to know exactly what he used to get that quality of scratching. i have used the demo, and it doesnt come close to that accuracy

help me out, and i will buy this tomorrow.

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 7:13 pm
Corporate staff:

If you make the video/dvd, consider including a demo copy of VDJ on it for potential customers to try. You should also have DJ GetDown install and demonstrate some of the basic features of VDJ at the beginning of the video/dvd. He should also scratch with a dual cd player (so include the timecode on the video/dvd). Furthermore, the retailers you choose to sell the video/dvd should also sell the timecoded vinyl. If I were VDJ, I would sell the video/dvd with demo software included and timecoded vinyl as a complete package. Including one vinyl record should be sufficient because most potential customers will probably have only one sound card. Plus, the signals cannot be separated with the demo. Not being able to split two signals for cueing may turn some customers off. However, once someone pays for the package and the demo expires (consider 30 days), the person will probably want the full version of the software. If you can sell the complete package at a very affordable price, you will have an excellent marketing tool—just my opinion (you have to spend money to make money).

OO

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 7:16 pm
30%