Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Midi Clock & Re-Wire support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Basically to keep up with Ableton Live.

Virtual DJ is brilliant for 2 channel mixing, but there's so much more potential for computers and DJing.

It would be great if Virtual DJ could act as a tempo slave / master via midi-clock for easier integration with actual real vinyl records and also with real CDs played on CDs, for some proper 4 channel mixing.

Re-Wire support would be great so you can program stuff live (eg drum loops, synth loops etc) and integrate them with what's on you left or right "deck".

Sure, this would take VDJ away for being a pure DJ program and more towards live production, but the boundaries are already pretty blurred so why not? I really like using VDJ and it would be great to be able to integrate more things with it.

Posted Fri 14 Dec 07 @ 5:26 pm
I definately second that!

DJ'ing is no longer just mixing 2 tracks together, it has moved on to integrating live elements and on the fly production or live performance for both audio and video. VDJ just requires a few more features added to open it up to being an unbeatable DJ/VJ tool. This is one thing that it definately needs, expandability by integration with other software or hardware via midi and rewire.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 5:58 am
I third this. if I had midi sync I could send my bpm to my kaoss pad or to ableton live sync in a drum loop have ableton follow the tempo of the current song add in alternate basslines use ableton as an effects rack run synced midi in arkoas to my video wall it would turn virtual dj from a toy to a production powerhouse nothing seems to do automatic beatmixing better but if all I wanted to do was play songs....
your competitor does these things why cant you virtual dj

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 12:30 pm
Just to remember for the MIDI Clock feature - would be nice to synchronize with Ableton or anything else...

Greets, Heiko

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 4:20 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats a huge bump ;)

I've experimented with MIDI clock and had it working, but it's nowhere near a production-ready release!

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 4:25 pm
I'm not shure - read about your experiments... But correct me....

You try to sync VD with an external Midi Clock. Correct ?

What i mean that VDJ can act as a master for midi sync. That means that the sync will be generated by VDJ
according to the BPM of the channel.

But i agree, it's not so easy to include a feature like that :-)

Greetings, Heiko

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 5:37 pm
No;

I used VDJ as the master, generating MIDI clock information to allow other applications to sync with it :)

Posted Mon 09 Mar 09 @ 5:49 am
OK, then it is that what i mean :-)

I know it's not so easy - but i think Virtual DJ at itself isn't very easy for the programmers :-)

Greetings, Heiko

Posted Mon 09 Mar 09 @ 11:25 am
It's actually not difficult at all. It would be even easier in the code than as a plugin.

Posted Mon 09 Mar 09 @ 11:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)