Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: playing premixed cd's without skip using automix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

acDCukHome userMember since 2007
before u shoot me down for not being a payng customer (yet)... I am testing the software to see if its suitable for my friend who dj's in a pub. im trying to convince to change from CDs to laptop. and he plays the occasional track or two from a premixed CD.
the one reason I say this is because i've been reading the forums thoroughly to find a same problem as this and I noticed u dont like to support people who havent paid, but i do intend to get a licence for it if he decides to use it.

when i try to play a premixed cd (from MP3) in virtual DJ there is a very small skip between the tracks when i use automix. I dont want to fade in or out, which will lose a very small part of the song (even 1 second).

I dont know how best to describe this in words but imagine the diagrams below:

the way its being handled:
[-----------TRACK1-----------][-----------TRACK2-----------]

how it should be handled:
[-----------TRACK1----------------------TRACK2-----------]

although the gap between ] [ is minute (less than 10 ms) you can still hear it when you use automix option of "Automix type > None (back-to-back).

OK...
Now I found a workaround to this which I had to edit the registry for, but I beleive this is a genuine bug and should still be looked into.

My workaround:
change automix type to "Fade (remove nothing), close Virtual DJ
edit the registry key: HCU\Software\VirtualDJ\AutomixLength = decimal 4410

the 4410 value is equal to 0.1s, but swapping between different times of cross fade (i.e. 4 seconds back to 0.1 seconds) i would need to close the program and re-open it which is not ideal when its going to be used non-stop for 3 hours for 2 nights a week.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 6:10 pm
acDCukHome userMember since 2007
i tried to find a way to edit my original post but cannot find a button...

i played around with the registry a bit more and found that you get better playback with putting the value as 2205 in the registry key (equal to 0.05 seconds)

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 6:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)