Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ID3V2.4 tag issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bobbiePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I saw that tose tags where supported from rev6.

However it looks like the only tag read is YEAR and maybe ARTIST. All other tags (album, etc) are empty.

To reproduce tag some mp3 diles with ID3V2.4 using mp3tag 2.39. Verify that for those files the "tag" column display only "ID3v2.4 (ID3v2.4)" and not "ID3v2.4 (ID3V1 ID3v2.4)". This will ensure that the files contains *only* the 2.4 tag. You can control what tag gets written/deleted in mp3tags options.

In VDJ do "file infos->reload tag" and you'll see that only YEAR will get read.

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 12:00 pm
sebos78Home userMember since 2004
I also have issues with my tags : in front of every comment comes a " ÿ "

Posted Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 1:12 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Did you first go into the FileInfo and remove all the data from the data fields ? Also, instead of only using the Reload from tag - did you go and look at the File Info and see what it reads from the tags ?

Posted Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 1:06 pm
bobbiePRO InfinityMember since 2003
cstoll wrote :
Did you first go into the FileInfo and remove all the data from the data fields ? Also, instead of only using the Reload from tag - did you go and look at the File Info and see what it reads from the tags ?

VDJ just doesn't know how to handle ID3V2.4 UTF-8 tags as written by mp3tag. Try it on a file, you'll see the only tag read from the file is the YEAR tag, all other are empty. It works without problem using ID3V2 2.3 UTF-16 tags. I'd be glad to see this fixed as for the moment I need to convert all my ID3V2.4 tags written by foobar2000 to ID3V2.3, using mp3tag and I'd like to avoid that extra step.

Posted Sun 02 Mar 08 @ 4:40 am
li125PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Same over here;
Files with tags in ID3v2.3UTF all have the "ÿcomment' problem. I need to convert all the tags to ID3v2.3ISO (unicode) before it works well...
ID3v2.4 tags are not support at all beside the year tag.
This is easy to test with tagging software mp3tag, but remove old tags in VDJ before reloading, as VDJ don't reload a Comment over an old existing Comment.

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 9:01 am
im facing ths prob that whenever i load the songs on the virtual dj from a directory where in i hve stored songs and named it as per my convinience, it always takes the name which was originally there when i copied that songs from the CD or other source..what can i do to ensure the the name that shows in the list of virtual dj is as per wht i hve stored in my directory...and not the original name which sometimes is just a number and u reallly cant make out by reading it that which song is this???

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 2:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)