Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 5.0 Rev. 6 Not Responding After I Minimize The Screen

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am using the Dell XPS With Vista, Numark Total Control, Numark DJ I/O... Since I Downloaded Rev. 6, Whenever I minimize VDJ to go into other programs and I attempt to " Un-Minimize" it stops responding. ALSO...... Once this happens, I have to restart VDJ.... Then a consitant new problem happens.... Total Control is no longer a recognized USB device by my laptop. Total Control will not work again until I reboot the entire laptop. Even if you unplug just the Total Control or De-Activate, then Re-Activate it..... you must still reboot your computer. This exact situation happened to me 3 times yesterday. Anyone else ???

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 11:48 am
Ok, update... two things that I beleive may be causing this... First I have 2 Terabyte Hard Drives and a 750 Gig all hooked up at once and I think VDJ needs a few extra minutes or so during boot up to fully read all hard drives before I start playing songs that havn't loaded yet.... Second, VDJ stops responding when I'm using other karaoke software in the background, which would leave me to believe that it may have to do something with the video card trying to figure out whether it should be playing my videos or karaoke if they are playing at the same time... Third... Numark Total Control is still unable to reactivate after a crash, you must reboot your computer.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 5:57 pm
Am having almost the same problem with my Numark Total Control... i can use it for 15mins... after this time ... and when im like scratching and in the middle of a mix... it just stops working... the software keeps running but the hardware (numark total control) doesnt respond... and i have to go with the mouse and the keyboard, because i cant stop the music, i use it for a night club... i have an ACER AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor TK-57, 1.9Ghz, 2Gb DDR, 160Gb HDD, windows vista, (not using external sound card, like DJ-io... just internal), actually using 30gb in music (mp3s)... the computer works fine all the programs installed too.. is free of any virus or spywares, i allways use windoctor and other tools to keep it running smoothly... if someone knows how to fix this problem.. please let us know... if not im going to serato scratch live definitively :( thks...

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 7:05 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I have been using my TC with v5.2 and have had no problems...what version are you using?

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 8:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Don't run the main VDJ window (the one with the browser and decks) maximized, run it in windowed mode. If you go to the top title bar, the cursor will change to the 4 arrow cursor. If it doesn't, click the middle of the three resize icons (between minimize and close). Run like this, and you should be able to minimize fine.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 9:24 pm
am using the last version too... but i try all the previous versions before and with all of them it had the same problem...
now ill try the window mode only not the maximixed... thks Scott !

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 5:19 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Good luck, should be fine though ;)

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 8:20 pm
SBDJ thks for the tip the Total Control works perfectly now... no more crash! even with videos!

Posted Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 9:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)