Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Tag issues : can not read artist field!! (for example)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

oryxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use VDJ5 REV5 on PC and VDJ5 BETA3 on mac also.
for years i use the naming convention "artists-track number-track title" without any tagging info.

As far as i can remember VDJ 4.3 was able to display only the filename to avoid issues with tag.
VDJ5 hasn't gor this feature and it's very painfull since it assumes that all the tagging is perfect !!!
Moreover, even if iTunes is perfectly tag and displays the correct information VDJ5 does not.

Can i display in vdj the full filename without any tag infos ?

Regards

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 4:13 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please look at the manual installed in your My Documents -> VirtualDJ folder -- a lot of info there.

The quick answer is to add Filepath and Filename to your searchable fields. Click on the 1st radio button to the right of the search box and select those two entries from the pop-up list. Also, updating to Version5 Rev6 fixes a Search bug similar to what you describe.

Also, if you right click on a column title you can see all the columns that you can view.

** All of this info is in greater detail in the manual. **

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 2:45 pm
Thank you for your help, i will carefully read the manual and come back here after gurther investigations.
Regards

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 2:45 am
not satisfied with this workarround !
Try this :
Purchase a CD, Import it with iTunes, let VDJ discover it (tag enabled, track/artist enabled, or not), the issue is always the same, if you have an "&" in the filename you're damned caught !!! VDJ will not play it
Regards

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 6:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)