Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: My crossfader on mixer doesnt work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi, im using timecoded vinyl, maya44, i have connected everything, i can play everything but my mixer doesnt work, althought i have connected it( i dont know if i have connected the right thing :) ) my mixer is DM 1050 numark, it has 2 channel. so, can somebody help please?
here is a picture of my mixer:

http://www.numark.com/dm1050

can somebody please tell me how to connect the cables from mixer to maya44?( i mean which one i should use? line red and white? phono red and white? line white and white?or phone white and white?)

thank you

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 10:27 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The two decks connect to the two stereo inputs on the maya 44, then connect the two pairs of outputs on the maya 44 to the mixers line inputs - one pair to the CH1 Line, one pair to the CH2 Line.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 9:16 am
i tried that but u know, my fader and the valume dont work but the treb bass work.???

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 12:50 pm
I don't understand what you are saying.

The controls on the mixer have absolutely nothing to do with VirtualDJ.

You are outputting two channels of audio to the mixer, and letting it do it's thing.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 4:37 pm
i dont know how to say it, but when i play a song, and try to use the crossfader on my mixer , it doesnt do anything.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 5:24 pm
I'm not trying to be patronising here, but I'm struggling to get my head around your problem. The controls on your mixer have nothing to do with VirtualDJ; they are manipulating the signals sent to them by VDJ, just as though it was from a turntable, CD deck, iPod etc... Moving your crossfader on your mixer will *not* move the crossfader in VDJ, nor will any of the other controls.

So:

If you hook both record decks to the phono inputs on your mixer (and select phono on the top), can you then work as a normal vinyl DJ, using level, EQ and crossfader controls? If not, either you've plugged them in wrong or something is broken.

If that works, then disconnect the record decks, and forget about them for a minute. Connect the two outputs from your Maya 44 to the line inputs on the mixer (and select line on the top). Configure VDJ to use no inputs, external mixer and ASIO driver. Select Maya44 as the ASIO card. Move the VDJ crossfader to the center if it isn't already, load a track on each deck and click play on each deck with your mouse. Again, you should now be able to mix the tracks with your mixer, prelisten on the cue etc...

I'm not as familiar with this bit as I don't use TCV myself... but once thats working for you, connect the record decks to the inputs on the Maya44, and in the config select "Timecodes" for the input, then go through the Timecode Config to make sure you have everything selected correctly and are recieving the signals from the TCVs. This is no different as far as your mixer is concerned, the TCV is simply a control device for VDJ.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 10:49 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi xplod. what is ur sound setting in the config?

And are u implying that when u move the crossfader on the external mixer, the crossfader in vdj will follow? It won't werk cos it is not a midi mixer.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 10:55 pm
ok, i think im wrong about my crossfader. b/c i dont have amp or speakers yet. and when im listening through headphone , and i tried to use the crossfader didnt work, but now im getting this that the crossfader should not work with headphones and should work with output that goes to the speakers or amps, right?

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 10:31 am
Correct :)

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 12:41 pm
damn, im so stupid, thanks. :)

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 12:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)