Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: help with timecoded vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi
i want to setup my timecoded vinyls, but i dont know what to do. here is what i do
i open the virtual dj, then i go to the setup, and then i choose two timecoded, and then i choose external mixer, and i have maya 44, when i click on the config it says that "errors is the asio sound driver,not have enought channels" . can somebody help me please
thank u
My mixer does not have sampler it is dm 1050 numark

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 1:23 pm
and the quality of timecoded is 0%?/

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 1:56 pm
ok sorry, ignor my first two questions, here is a new one: when i click on the auto configue then go back to virtual dj, when i load a song, it does not play anything and if i load two songs the vinyls in virtual dj start moving a little bit both together but still doesnot move or play anything? what should i do?

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 4:16 pm
HI . I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I SET UP EVERYTHING BUT I GET THAT ... ERROR IN ASIO SOUND DRIVER O NO TOO MANY CHANELS ... WE NEED HELPPP/

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 4:34 pm
i got my answer.first for asio go to this site

http://download.esi-audio.com/?p=40&g=2&l=en

after u downloaded the lasted version for maya then go to this site

www.asio4all.com

and download this ASIO4ALL 2.7 - English , and then go to this blog for setting up ur turntables, maya44 usb, mixer, .. awsome blog

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/coronaextra

but i still have one problem. my mixer doesnt work. the crossfader and the valume doesnt work but the mid bass treb works.
now what should i do?

Posted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 5:08 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you download the audiotrak/maya drivers you do not need to download asio4all. asio4all are emulation drivers for asio. In regards to your mixer, do you have the VDJ crossfader in the middle?

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 10:08 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
make sure you plug in the maya prior to opening VDJ.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 12:19 pm

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 12:55 pm

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 2:00 pm
ok, i have 100% signal on both deck, and it plays pretty good (thanks for that). now what should i do with my mixer? :)

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 5:20 pm
You got me stumped on what exact problem you're having with your mixer. The mixer will not control VDJ. If you have the wires set up as the guide indicated you should have the master output of your mixer going to some type of amp. That will be what powers your speakers and you should be hearing music. Moving the crossfader on the mixer will control what deck you are hearing through the amp. Your master volume, eq, etc. should now be what is coming out of your mixer. I'm sorry if I'm missing it but if you set it up the way the diagram says, you have 100% T/C signal and the Maya drivers installed it should be working.

What do you have the master outputs from your mixer connected to?

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 8:26 am
ok, i think im wrong about my crossfader. b/c i dont have amp or speakers yet. and when im listening through headphone , and i tried to use the crossfader didnt work, but now im getting this that the crossfader should not work with headphones and should work with output that goes to the speakers or amps, right?

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 10:30 am
Right! There should be another crossfader or knob that controls your cue/headphone just like a crossfader on your mixer. The output crossfader goes to what people will hear once you hook the outputs up to a stereo.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 1:25 pm
thanks a lot. :)

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 1:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)