Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Weird Problem HELP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I’m having a weird problem with my pc running vdj. When I first turn on the pc & start vdj the loading of a file takes forever then I reboot the pc open vdj & it run great what could be causing this?
PS:
The pc is brand new it’s going to be my second setup the specs are:
Quad core 2.4 GHz
4 GB of memory
Gigaport ag
3-750 GB hard drives
Ati 1950xt pro 512mb
using 5.0 rev2
I'm staying with rev2 because in my 1st setup that is what I'm using & it's runnig very clean.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 10:32 am
If you are using v5, it sounds like VDJ is trying to build the internal database. This should not be interrupted. See page 6 of the manual for important info.

If you aren't running v5, then...Hmmmmmmmm...

What version are you running?

Posted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 10:35 am
Have all the files been analyzed?? If not then that right there could be why loadin is takin longer, you might wanna upgrade to the latest as bugs were fixed from the older versions of 5.XX.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 10:38 am
I refuse to go to rev5 because I'm using dac3 & there are problems with that I don't thing there are any bugs that would cause that because like I said this is a 2nd set up & the spcs on the 2 pc's are exacly the same.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 10:41 am
Ahhh ok I see yeah then u could go to Rev4.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 10:59 am
I really don't think it is the sofware I think I would have to do some king of setting on the pc.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 11:47 am
I've heard some "not so great things" about rev2...You might want to try rev4, but before you do, just make sure there are no DAC3 problems with it.

BTW, sorry...I see that your original post reports v5rev2...OOPS! I missed it. Must've been goofing off again ;)

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 9:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)