Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: #1: Steve Jobs [Apple CEO] - CNN/Fortune 25 most powerful people in business

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

"During the first two decades of his remarkable 30-year career, the Apple Inc. founder twice altered the direction of the computer industry... That's five industries that Jobs has upended - computers, Hollywood, music, retailing, and wireless phones. At this moment, no one has more influence over a broader swath of business than Jobs. "

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/fortune/0711/gallery.power_25.fortune/index.html

The power of Steve Jobs

"...the Apple founder's ability, time and again, to conjure digital objects of desire from esoteric blends of chips, disks, plastic, and software, and then promote them with his own alluring brand of performance art. But Jobs might also be called its Machiavelli, a man who can bend suppliers, partners, and even industries to his will."

http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/21/news/newsmakers/power_jobs.fortune/index.htm

PERSONAL COMMENT: SJ (and Apple) can "bend suppliers, partners, and even industries to his (their) will"... LEGALLY.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 6:13 pm
who cares? it's a dj forum, i'm gunna go spin.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 8:36 pm
HipHopAnonymous wrote :

This was originally posted in our General Discussion forum where everything is discussed, dj related or not... from the history of the middle finger http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/81167/General_Discussion/The_History_of_the_Middle_Finger.html?page=1 to learning how to fold laundry in 2 seconds http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/81328/General_Discussion/insane_laundry.html

This GENERAL news about a man who has shaped the computer, technology, entertainment and other industries (all of which have at least more to do with digital dj'ing/turntablism than lots of the other threads in the General Discussion forums, especially the ones I linked above) should NOT have been moved to the Mac forums whether or not Steve Jobs is Apple's CEO. This is a thread about a man and his global influence over 3 decades, NOT Mac specific OR even dj related.

There's been some poor, irrational, biased modding the past few days over on the General Discussion forums with people not being able to differentiate Mac VirtualDJ, Mac Virtual Vinyl, Mac CUE, and "Mac in general" topics (which is what these Mac forums are for) from actual General Discussion topics (like this about Steve Jobs and also a VDJ users experience with the iPhone who he himself was even disgusted at the lack of logic behind his thread getting moved over here to the Mac forums - http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/81234/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/Apple_Iphone_It_s_f____Awesome.html?page=1 ).

Again, despite being loosely Apple related, these are NOT Mac specific topics, or as you've stated, even dj related. They are GENERAL topics.

For future reference though, if a thread is titled "#1: Steve Jobs [Apple CEO] - CNN/Fortune 25 most powerful people in business" (regardless of which forum it's posted in), then that thread is probably not going to be dj related.

By all means, go ahead and get back to spinning HipHopAnonymous. ;)

Posted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 10:22 pm
sorry man , but no one realy seems to be interested..

its a friday go out and party :)

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 7:33 am
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
HipHopAnonymous wrote :

I think your swell.

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 8:39 am
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ConQuest wrote :
HipHopAnonymous wrote :

This was originally posted in our General Discussion forum where everything is discussed, dj related or not... from the history of the middle finger http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/81167/General_Discussion/The_History_of_the_Middle_Finger.html?page=1 to learning how to fold laundry in 2 seconds http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/81328/General_Discussion/insane_laundry.html

This GENERAL news about a man who has shaped the computer, technology, entertainment and other industries (all of which have at least more to do with digital dj'ing/turntablism than lots of the other threads in the General Discussion forums, especially the ones I linked above) should NOT have been moved to the Mac forums whether or not Steve Jobs is Apple's CEO. This is a thread about a man and his global influence over 3 decades, NOT Mac specific OR even dj related.

There's been some poor, irrational, biased modding the past few days over on the General Discussion forums with people not being able to differentiate Mac VirtualDJ, Mac Virtual Vinyl, Mac CUE, and "Mac in general" topics (which is what these Mac forums are for) from actual General Discussion topics (like this about Steve Jobs and also a VDJ users experience with the iPhone who he himself was even disgusted at the lack of logic behind his thread getting moved over here to the Mac forums - http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/81234/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/Apple_Iphone_It_s_f____Awesome.html?page=1 ).

Again, despite being loosely Apple related, these are NOT Mac specific topics, or as you've stated, even dj related. They are GENERAL topics.

For future reference though, if a thread is titled "#1: Steve Jobs [Apple CEO] - CNN/Fortune 25 most powerful people in business" (regardless of which forum it's posted in), then that thread is probably not going to be dj related.

By all means, go ahead and get back to spinning HipHopAnonymous. ;)
Your just a hoot aren't you. I bet your great at dinner parties.

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 8:40 am
DJ Philibert wrote :
sorry man , but no one realy seems to be interested..

its a friday go out and party :)

This thread was created on Tuesday, and yes I'm aware that it is 8am in the morning here in California. That's like making a comment about 70's bell-bottom pants in the 90's. ;)

I am DEFINITELY going to party all weekend starting tonight though DJ Philibert! =D

Anyone who's a USC football fan can come out and join me at the LA Coliseum where I will be spiinning on stage at the tailgate party and we'll be setting up projection showing off VirtualDJ and Virtual Vinyl's visual mixing capabilities!

USC running back Hershel Dennis has requested this and grew up with a dj friend of mine from an affiliate dj crew (Unique Technique - their VT Jymnastyk should be there with me as well) of my dj crew (LEGEND Entertainment - our VT J-Solo will be there with me also). Hershel, UT, and LEGEND all hail from Carson and will be rocking the place starting early tomorrow morning (* but we'll be setting up at 3am tomorrow morning and will begin partying WAAAY beforehand).

Come on out! =D

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

* CORRECTION
I just got a call to go set-up at 12pm TODAY because the parking lot is already starting to fill up and people already want to party... even in the rain! Hopefully it'll clear up this afternoon and tomorrow, but regardless, IT'S GONNA BE FUN AND EVERYONE'S INVITED!!!!

d-v-int wrote :
HipHopAnonymous wrote :

I think your swell.

I'm sure you do, but unfortunately for you he's probably straight. =P

d-v-int wrote :
Your just a hoot aren't you. I bet your great at dinner parties.

You're right. I can only hope to one day be as important to this community AND more entertaining at dinner parties as I'm sure you are by being a mixer overlay and mapping stud just like you.... pfff.

As for what I've already done, and am currently doing for VDJ/VV on a much broader scale among much higher profile dj's/turntablists, as of this weekend, venues, and starting next week (Ooops! Only mods, VIP and higher need to know this), YOU don't need to worry about.

Certain people that matter here know, and that's really all that matters. I don't need to be bothered with talking down when I am busy talking up.

The fact that I even address you (beside the fact that you're a part of the community and with the exception of your Xone:3D project) is only to point out that you're posts are mostly meaningless, and like this one of yours again, uninformative, as I stated the other day. Go ahead, ask when VDJ Mac is going to be available just one more time, because I'm sure it'll make a difference this time as it has all the other times over the past months that you've done so.

I've told you before, if you don't like my posts don't read them and do yourself a favor and don't post responses to them unless you want these types of responses from me.

If you play with fire, you get burnt. It's as simple as that.

This was a simple conversation between (A) me, and (b) HipHopAnonymous, and like the saying goes, you being (C) can (C) your way out of it.

I was simply explaining to him why this General Discussion thread about an innovator and extremely influential person in our global technology and entertainment community inappropriately ended up here in the Mac forums.

On that note, to avoid anymore confusion as to why this thread is here on the Mac forums (which I've already answered for HipHopAnonymous), and SINCE I ORIGINATED THIS THREAD, I will lock it.

Posted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 8:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)