Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CRATES & iTunes?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. Im just finishing recording all my commercial RNB and Hip-Hop Vinyl into the computer as wavs/mp3s so that i can use Virtual Vinyl instead of carrying around 2 massive record boxes. I am thinking that the best way to do this is to put all of these tracks into 1 playlist in iTunes and then read that playlist from Virtual Vinyl. Ive seen Serato being used and i see that they have 'crates'. This seems very appealing but i dont know how it all integrates? Where do i put my files and name them by artist, album etc etc and how does Virtual Vinyl read them as one list, without me having to scroll through hundreds of folders?

I would really appreciate some help on this one?

Thanks, Ben :)

Posted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 3:40 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
in version 5 itunes play lists and the library are shown in a very similar way in the browser

try the latest public beta today :)

Posted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 10:50 pm
I have the latest browser and i now have all my songs ready to import into iTunes. Is it best to create playlists within iTunes or 'crates' within VDJ? Im a bit confuse to how it all works and where i should start? Thanks, Ben

Posted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 12:58 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
iTunes playlist will be updated in VDJ everytime you update them in iTunes.
The virtual folders(crates) however will keep their content no matter what you do with iTunes.
So it's up to you to decide what works best for you ;)

Posted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 1:38 am
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My Itunes is on an external drive. The playlists dont show up. Help!

Posted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 2:29 am
Your iTunes music or the whole folder is on the external drive?

Posted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 3:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)