Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NEED A WINAMP BUFFERING SOLUTION

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I usually listen to some radio stations on WINAMP, the problem that I have is that it keeps buffering in the middle of a song. This is very annoying and I just want to know if anyone has found a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance.

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 10:36 pm
Well, it comes related to your connection, if you have a slow connection then that'll happen, the solution you have it's to ask the owner of the radio station to set a lower bitrate, or to get a better connection.

I run a radio station too and it's hosted on my computer and I have a very slow connection for this. I wish there were some free radio servers out there..

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 12:11 am
I'm using probably the fastest conection, CABLE.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 12:22 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
You have a lot to learn if you think cable is the fastest you can get. Anyway, The problem is more than likely not on your end, could be the guys server getting pounded by 15,000 people just like you. Try durring an off peak time and see if you have differnt results.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 12:40 am
Thanks.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 2:16 am
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
In my version of WinAmp (2.9x), if you go to Options, Plug Ins, Input, then select MPEG Audio Decoder, you can hit the configure button and then select the streaming tab & crank up the buffers more than what you currently use. It will just take longer for the streaming music to begin playing once you select which streaming radio internet station to play.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 4:56 pm
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use 3aLab iradio 1.2 to listen to radio stations, has settable buffer, up to 1 meg, and allows recording. not bad software at all, listen to music coming in at 96kb/s no problems.
maybe give it a try
Matt
:)

Posted Thu 25 Nov 04 @ 12:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)