Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Unresponsive message when shutting down

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I upgraded to the newest version of 5. When I close program I keep getting a message saying the machiung is unresponsive and blah, blah blah, and Virtual haS fixed problem. When I restart this problem will not happen but it does everytime I shut down. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled and get same message. The wierd thing is I still have all my history. I loaded program on my lappie and everything is fine.

Posted Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 10:18 pm
Here is a better explanation of the message I get.

I have a problem on my rack mounted pc. It only involves shutting down. I get a message everytime I try to shut down saying " the system was unresponsive vddj performed a recovery and should work ok again. Still you might want to re start the program next time it is convienient to do so." This only happens when I click the x to shut down, but it does it every time. The program otherwise seems fine and works fine on my laptop, but the rack pc even after totally uninstalling continues to have this message. Was running the old verison 3 because I finally got the bugs out and it work seamlessly. My buddy talked me into upgrading to 5.5 now I am not comfortable to ust it live. So I run my other system tonight with old faithful PCDJ FX , and play with t he laptop off and on tonight until someone let's me know what is happening

Posted Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 11:09 pm
well I am very smart and very wise, for now there are more problems not to my surprise. I just re booted to see if I could figure out the problem , now I can see my directories but can not open my music files in the middle window. I see all my music folders, but now can't open them. Good thing I didn't take it out tonight. Somebody help! Should have just stayed with version 3

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 12:07 am
Hi dv8tor

As you mention that you have PCDJ FX, I am assuming that you may also be using a DAC-3, and if that's the case, the problem you're having is very likely to be the one being discussed in the following thread:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/79503/General_Discussion/50_5_Problem__(warning).html

The dev team are said to be working on a solution, but for the moment, I've reverted to version 5.0 rev 2 which doesn't suffer with this issue.

Pete

Posted Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 10:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)