Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What happened to my database ???? Ohhh SH##T

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Crap...what happened to my database???? I installed ver 5, and spent HOURS....cleaning up folders and scanning bpms, moving a few older files out of new folders etc. Had everything perfect last night. Closed the program as normal ---- and today (FRIDAY AFTERNOON before tonights big gig) all my shit is lost and no bpms are showing up.....this is hours of wasted time? Where did it go? did not use ver 4 update had 3 and jumped to ver 5...3.4 always saved everything automatically when closing the program....what is wrong here?

Please help asap

DJTops
Atlanta GA USA

Posted Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 8:05 pm
I hear you, I finally let my friends talk me into upgrading from v3. I had no problems. I upgraded today also. First I got a message of the system being unresponsive during shut down but was able to play music and vids. Now it shows all my directories but I can't open the files to get the songs in the middle screen. I don't know how often they check these boards but it has been over three hours without an answer. Good luck! Thank god for my pcdj fx back up, at least the gig will go on!

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 12:31 am
djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Help responded quickly to me and suggested I close vdj, then go into windows and delete the database file from the My documents folder for VDJ. Then restart vdj and click to my file tree, hilighting the music folder and right click "recurse".....that may work for others but unfortunately my stuff is out in cyber-pot, cause I could not recover the database.....ouch, un-fu*kin believable hours of clean-up work wasted!!! Boooo version 5

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 1:18 am
well at least they responded to you, still nothing on my end.

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 8:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)