Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [RESOLVED] MODS you do realise the 1st page is full of locked threads...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can they not be moved? If they are locked/moved might as well delete them.

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 12:36 pm
The threads are clearly labeled in the thread title as to why they have been locked.

No they can't be moved, nor do I feel that they should be because they'll just start falling down the list anyway as new threads with outstanding issues, news, whatever are created. It just looks funny now because I just locked them tonight.

I won't delete them because if someone has an issue that has already been resolved on one of those threads, then they can search (as everyone should before starting a new thread) and find the thread and see if they can resolve their issue with the given solution.

However, if the resolution that we came to for that locked thread's issue does not resolve the issue for another user, then they are more than welcome to start a new one saying so and stating their particular issue which we will then address.

I'm just keeping the Mac forums organized and updated so that newer threads with outstanding issues don't get lost between "dead" threads. Just because a threads dead though, that doesn't mean that it doesn't still have useful information, which is why I won't delete them.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 1:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)