Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: can i run virtual dj through this set up?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok i have my dj mixer connected through my behringer xenyx 802 mixer in the third channel input so i can control the volume from there also. and i have my xenyx connected to my computer via behringer uca200 (basically a usb soundcard with 2 pairs of rca inputs and outpus. my question is if i have the program and i get the time coded vinyls, will i be able to scratch mp3s with it just by using the vinyls and some software configuration? i really want to know before i go buy them from the site. or if there are any other vinyls that would work with the program because its kinda expensive to buy off the site cuz the shipping. i tried using serato time coded vinyl and it read ok. the virtual turntable would move with it and everything but i have to have the volume all the way up to the max on the turntable for it to even read the music i put on vdj, and that leaves me only hearing the sound frequency emitted from the vinyl and barely hearing the music itself. and if i want to to use the crossfader to do scratching i cant cuz when i cut out the sound the program cant read the frequency sound from the vinyl so instead of muting it, it stops playback. anyways i returned the vinyl to guitar center so at least i got that. but is there any other brand vinyl i can use with vdj that would work with my set up, or do i have to buy the vdj time coded vinyls? and can i only buy them here or are they any other stores or online stores i can buy them at? thanks.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 10:46 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Please format your message

Bad on the eyes after 2 glasses of wine

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 12:13 am
you mean like this?? thats the only way i could think your talking about when you say format it. sorry i dont know how to edit my initial post. im new here. but anyways i hope this is easier to read.

ok i have my dj mixer connected through my behringer xenyx 802 mixer in
the third channel input so i can control the volume from there also, and i
have my xenyx connected to my computer via behringer uca200 (basically
a usb soundcard with 2 pairs of rca inputs and outpus.

my question is if i have the program and i get the time coded vinyls, will i
be able to scratch mp3s with it just by using the vinyls and some software
configuration? i really want to know before i go buy them from the site. or
if there are any other vinyls that would work with the program because its
kinda expensive to buy off the site cuz the shipping.

i tried using serato time coded vinyl and it read ok. the virtual turntable
would move with it and everything but i have to have the volume all the
way up to the max on the turntable for it to even read the music i put on
vdj, and that leaves me only hearing the sound frequency emitted from the
vinyl and barely hearing the music itself. and if i want to to use the crossfader
to do scratching i cant cuz when i cut out the sound the program cant read
the frequency sound from the vinyl so instead of muting it, it stops playback.

anyways i returned the vinyl to guitar center so at least i got that. but is
there any other brand vinyl i can use with vdj that would work with my set
up, or do i have to buy the vdj time coded vinyls? and can i only buy them
here or are they any other stores or online stores i can buy them at? thanks.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 2:05 am
First of all you need vdj pro then a soundcard that supports asio, like maya44 usb or esi u46dj for instance and tcv(s), for audio the mixer is not important at all.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 6:40 pm
first of all i dont think that maya44 is available here in the US. and second i dont know how much it is but i probably dont have enough money for it, and third of all i dont wanna buy it if i dont need it. i already have asio4all with my behringer uca200 and it reads it fine. i have a mixer because i have condenser mics too. but anyways can i use time coded vinyls with this set up or what? if i were to buy vdj timecoded vinyls or if any other timecoded vinyls would work? please help out!

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 1:11 am
If I were you since you want to use Timecode and have to purchase the Timecode and software I think that the Numark Virtual Vinyl package might just be the best way to go as you also get the soundcard.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 7:05 pm
You can try using 2 uca200 soundcards and asio4all but noit sure if it will work, try by modifying values from registry to break the inputs and outputs.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 6:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)