Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [RESOLVED] Is Hercules DJ console compatible with leopard and virtual dj 5 beta?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is Hercules DJ console compatible with leopard and virtual dj 5 beta ?

I have tried to install the tiger driver unsuccessfully

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 6:42 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its working fine here, the driver should be picked up by 10.5

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 6:53 pm
Thank' s skyfxl, where can I get that driver? I have tried to install Hercules dj controller driver and the mk2 mac driver from their website with no success

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 7:07 pm
what message do you get as i am using the latest driver of the herc website

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 7:20 pm
skyfxl, This is the message that I am getting " no DJ console were found. I did not buy It yet. I went to the computer shop and they told me It would not be compatible with Mac period, so I left It. If you telling me that It will work maybe I should get It!

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 7:28 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes dydy, it werk here too with mac:)

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 8:04 pm
Works here too.

You must of got one of those windows only "knowledgeable geniuses". =P

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 8:37 pm
I know why It would not work. It is the old hercules. It won' t work with Mac. I wish they had an unofficial mac driver for It like the BCD200

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 3:01 am
dydy1 wrote :
skyfxl, This is the message that I am getting " no DJ console were found. I did not buy It yet. I went to the computer shop and they told me It would not be compatible with Mac period, so I left It. If you telling me that It will work maybe I should get It!

try to download it again it may have been corrupt

do you have acess to a pc?

if you do you can reset the consoles firmware

using the info here http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/68291/Hardware_Technical_Support/Some_general_info_about_Hercules_DJ_Console_MK2.html

and then use the mac installer to patch it automatically to be compatible on both

if that fails i sugest giving hercules a call to see what solution they can offer

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 2:25 pm
thank you skyfxl, this is the solution to my problem:

New Leopard drivers will be available soon on HERCULES website, http://ts.hercules.com./ Meanwhile you can install the available drivers.

Before trying to install them, make sure to:
1) display the installation package .pkg file (right click the file with Ctrl-click) and select ShowPackage Contents
2) Enter in Contents/Resource and delete the file InstallationCheck
3) Run the installation package again, and this time the installation will run normally.

The drivers to be used are the following:
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJMP3/HDJMP3_Tiger_3_2.pkg.zip

In regards to Virtual DJ. If you wish to use the DJ Control in this software, go to CONFIGURATION and choose the tab Remote Control. Here mark the option Use Hercules DJC.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 7:16 pm
thanks for sharing :)

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 7:26 pm
oryxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I plan to buy a macbook to run Virtual DJ with an "old" Hercules DJ Console . (I've been using Virtual DJ for 4 years on a labtop pc).
According this post, it seems to be ok since the appropriate drivers are installed).

Does one of you know other compatibility issues ? (i mean macbook/old Hercules DJ Console)

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 11:09 am
oryx wrote :
I plan to buy a macbook to run Virtual DJ with an "old" Hercules DJ Console . (I've been using Virtual DJ for 4 years on a labtop pc).
According this post, it seems to be ok since the appropriate drivers are installed).

Does one of you know other compatibility issues ? (i mean macbook/old Hercules DJ Console)

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks.

you have to purchase the one specifcialy for mac , if you want the old one
and i assume you would need to use the same method

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 11:50 am
RoniinHome userMember since 2007
No the MK2 drivers are not fully compatible with Leopard. I have contacted Hercules tech support on numerous occasions and they have confirmed that they are currently working on compatible drivers for Leopard. By using the "altered" old drivers, basic functions will work but you will not be able to take advantage of full features such as headphone Previewing.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 9:28 pm
its working fine here

so , i think they are mad

you need to choose

inputs : none
outputs : headphones
card : 4.1

Drivers : mk2

channels 1/2 main 3/4 headphones

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 9:44 pm
Yeah that's the exact same setup I used prior to installing Leopard fresh. Now that configuration (4.1 card) just freezes my software than unfreezes when I change the card.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 11:19 pm
i am curious to know how you are using it when there is no mac demo?

i hope you will join us soon as a pro user and get the benifits of the up comming v 5

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 11:23 pm
When I bought my Mac Tractor and Virtual DJ were already installed on the machine, and both worked fine now they don't since I did the upgrade.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 11:31 pm
Roniin wrote :
When I bought my Mac Tractor and Virtual DJ were already installed on the machine, and both worked fine now they don't since I did the upgrade.

That means that the copy of VirtualDJ you are using is licensed to the previous owner and therefore this is a license violation as it is not transferrable.

As Marius le malin has proposed, please consider purchasing the software to attain all the benefits of VirtualDJ and for further technical support. =)

Posted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 11:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)