Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [UNLOCKED - UNRESOLVED] Please Help - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok well i downloaded the MAC Beta 3 and it still doenst show me the artists names. All the titles are there, and the songs play, But it wont display the artists names. The search even works. So my search issus is solved but i have no artists names. What is the deal?

How do i get it to dispaly the artists names. I went to the Bulleye thing next to the search bar and made sure the artist one was clicked. Also in config under browser it artits tags are enabled. I added the drive to the SD and and let it scan for tags. Still nothing. Please help on this one guys, Ive been doing research for ever and still dont get it. The drive is formatted in fat32. Thanks for the input. The Trial of 5.0 for PC that i put on my PC does see all the artists names. But for some reason my Mac wont see the artits. All i gota do is solve that problem and ill have a funtional system for a change. Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 2:51 am
One other thing i realized, If i click on an individual MP3 while holding Control Apple and open the file info. Where it says artits it is blank but right under that next to the little arrow the artists name is there and if you click the arrow it will add the artists name. There has to be a way to get it to do this for the whole library because im def not going to do each song individually. Any thing here Sky? or any one?

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 3:46 am
This should work... within the browser select all the tracks by clicking on the first track, then scroll down to the last track and hold the shift key when you click on it, this will select all the tracks currently showing in your browser. Then control/click on the batch (or right click I guess if you're a PC user), select "file infos" and in the sub-menu select "title from filename". Do this and the artist's names should appear provided that you've used the proper conventions when naming your tracks (i.e. artist name (space) hyphen (space) song title... eg. Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like It's Hot). I don't know why the artist's names weren't showing by default but this will get you by for now.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 6:48 am
Also my midi file that ised for my HC 4500 that works fine now doe snot work fine with Version 5.0 When you hit the cue Button on the left deck it does not cue? Why would the midi Change. Does any one have a map i can have?

Im going to try what izzy suggested. Will see i guess. I hope this works im kinda sick of not being able to find songs

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 9:32 pm
Dizzy what you suggested wrks, but this is kinda getting to me, i dont ahve time to sit her and do this for 20k worth of songs. What is the solutions to get it to work like it should?

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 11:19 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 11:21 pm
Thank you sky

I have read both of those thingsd several times and still ahve no found any solution. Thats why im asking. I promise of not one of those post questions before you do your research kinda guy!

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 12:56 am
automagp68 wrote :
Dizzy what you suggested wrks, but this is kinda getting to me, i dont ahve time to sit her and do this for 20k worth of songs. What is the solutions to get it to work like it should?

in options have you set on the browser tab

title artist : enable

Tags : enable

Search Database : automaticaly

what did you use to tag the tracks? itunes or a tagging program

itunes can do some funny things for example it changed alot of my tags recently into japanese !

it might be worth running the demo of media rage for mac to ensure you have all the correct tags

http://www.chaoticsoftware.com/ProductPages/MediaRage.html

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 4:07 pm
All the Tags are fine. They work in every other program. Including the trial of of VDJ for pc. Yes the titles and id tags are enabled. I dont understand what is going on, and this getting really annoying. Im not going to sit here and go through hundreds of folders to get all the tracks artisits to come up. Windows media was used to rip the drive origianlly. But my other mac programs find the tagds no problem and also, the VDJ does see the tags it just wont add them automatically. even if you click or artits on the second bullseyes and everything. This is getting rather annoying. I need a solution to this. No one but SKy and Dizzy can help?

Do i have to make a support ticket?

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 9:47 pm
could you send me one of the files to check out please?

email : admin@skyfxlrecords.com

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 9:52 pm
You mean you want me to email you an MP3 off my hard drive?

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 10:33 pm
yes just one example please so i can try to figure out why it wont read the tags correctly

if u dont mind :)

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 10:48 pm
Here's your solution, what you can do though is create a filter folder that doesn't filter anything out. Now this is under the assumption you've already scanned all your folders for music. If you haven't and want to avoid scanning hundreds of individual folders for music just put all your folders in one big folder and name it say "Music". That way when you scan the "Music" folder in your browser it will scan all the sub-folders contained within it (to scan the folder right click on it and select "Add to search DB"). Once you've done that, create a filter folder, name it whatever you want, and in the filter field enter "isscanned=0". This will create a folder that contains ALL of your music. Then do as I said before, hi-light the first track, scroll down and shift/click on the last track, this wil hi-light everything then... right click / file infos / title from filenames. If this doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you dude.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 12:31 am
Sky

I just sent the file.

Thanks for the input dizzzy, But if i do that then everything will be in one giant list.
That is a problem cuz then i wont have my folders

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 3:09 am
Actually no, all your music won't be in one big list. The process I explained to you is only to easily retrieve all the artist's names from the tracks in one shot rather than having to do each folder individually, but all the folders will still be intact. You would still be able to browse the folders individually. Plus you would have the added benefit of being able to do a search for a track over the local database without having to remember which sub-folder the track is in. You're killing me dude, trust me, it will take 5 minutes to do what I explained in my previous post and then all your problems are solved.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 3:44 am
HMMM
Im not exactly sure what u mean but i will try to give it a shot. Remember im new to VDJ. Ill try what u said. ALthough im slightly disapointed that its not doing its on its own, im hopeing sky can find the answer, but thank you dizzy very very much for the quick solution

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 4:02 am
Dude
Dizzy

Worked ASWSOME

Thanks so much man

Sky let me know if you got n e ideas

Thanks guys so MUCH!

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 4:29 am
No problem.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 5:07 am
Please continue with this topic that I've re-opened.

I locked it on accident thinking that the main issue had been resolved, but it was another issue that had been resolved instead.

Posted Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 5:46 am
Well it turns out that i beta 3 is to un stable right now in Beta ( understandably) so i need to get 4.3 Working. I still cant get it to read the tags correctly. IT only reads track Title and will not bring up the artist. I dont know why. IF any one has read this thread before you can see what me sky and dizzy have already tryed. Thanks for any input.

Posted Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 2:18 pm
89%