Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 5 for Mac - Public BETA b3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok here is beta3.
You can download it from your download center.

changelog:
- added support for MP4 video files
- optimized for big iTunes library
- fixed midi channel shifted
- fixed crash when changing cover image at the same time new cover gets downloaded
- fixed crash when automixing video
- fixed add to search db not recursing subfolders
- fixed freeze in sort thread
- fixed dac3 freeze on close
- hc4500 pitch inverted, cue changed to cue_stop
- fixed bug with thread freeze while closing causing empty codec list
- fixed bug with empty codec list saved as garbage
- error message saying "directx" changed to "coreaudio"
- fixed timecode right deck plugin dropdown acting on left deck
- fixed crash with ID3 unicode command

Known bugs (that will be fixed in beta4):
- dac3 support broken
- mp4 might not play well on powerpc

Posted Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 9:19 pm
Is there support for the HC4500 VDJ 5.0 beta3?

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 2:01 am
I've installed but cant see any native support for hc4500.

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 2:49 am
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I installed.

The wave form will now only display about 10 secs ahead will not load full tune and I still have the issue that I cannot work the Jogs.

This beta is a step back from the previous.

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 1:05 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
d-v-int wrote :
I installed.

The wave form will now only display about 10 secs ahead will not load full tune and I still have the issue that I cannot work the Jogs.

have you set it to maxium load always in options?

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 4:39 pm
skyfxl wrote :
d-v-int wrote :
I installed.

have you set it to maximum load always in options?
yeah.

Its working now it only seemed to be happening with the sample files that come preloaded with vdj works fine on my own stuff. So its fine, maybe some weird bug.

The main thing I would **LOVE** to be fixed the same as the PC version is the jogs/midi mapping. I have a fairly big gig coming next Friday and I would love to be able to use only my 3D for it rather than having to rely on the jogs of my herc.

Please make it so.

You can call it an early xmas present. ;)

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 6:10 pm
No wait, since the crash I just reported in the crash thread the prob is back. I have all settings correct. It weird.

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 6:19 pm
MY GOD. This is so F**KING frustrating!!!!!!!

Now the value setting no longer work either? I cannot set Loop values as the box is always blanked out. If i do set a button to loop and save it then the midi menu tells me I'm after setting it to be a CUE button. Everything is totally mixed up!!!!!!

I mean I can't even try and get ahead of myself and so up the rest of my midi map around the jog problems.

Look I HAVE BEEN ANNOYING the staff of this forum for over a year and a half to sort out the midi functionality for this software. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE just fix this one thing for me so I can play my music on your software and my hardware. Stop looking at stupid add-ons like video get the music and the controls sorted 1st. I bought this programme because it was the BEST dj software out there. It still is, IF you you own a PC. I really couldn't care less about video I just want to play my music and enjoy this software.

So for like the millionth time PLEASE atomix will you fix the basic's before looking at the extra's

Thank you.

P.S. I swear to god if someone puts up another post about being patient or how hard it is to go from PC to MAC I'll cry. I think over 18months is very patient! Also I wrote an email to another cross platform software company about issues with their software when they ported to OSx I was told the issue would be fixed in 7days. It was.

**RANT OVER**

I need a drink!

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 7:30 pm
very intretng, Im almost afraid to try this.

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 9:42 pm
Thanks Steph!!!

The mp4 playback is a HUGE bonus, but the biggest issue is that we need to capitalize the "V" and "DJ" in the "virtualdj" application name (like this - VirtualDJ) to make it look pretty... =P.

Seriously though, thanks to the devs and our community for the progress thus far. =)

d-v-int: I'm sorry to hear about your long standing midi issue... just be patient because porting to Mac OS X from windows is difficult... J/K!!! =D - calm down, breathe, and wipe those tears from your eyes. ;)

I'm sure the devs will get it sorted shortly and I understand your particular urgency for this fix.

Everyone, let's please report the Mac BETA issues, bug reports, and crash logs on the DEDICATED Mac 5.0 BETA SUPPORT THREAD (I'm just trying to keep us organized so that we have one thread that we can reference with ALL the information we need to get this release finalized): http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/79887/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/OFFICIAL_VirtualDJ_Cue_5_0_Mac_BETA__issue_report_and_support_thread.html

Thanks everyone! ;)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 12:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)