Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Some .vobs not playing in VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have some .vobs not playing in VDJ but, they play fine in other media players. The video starts and then shuts down after a few seconds when playing it in VDJ.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 8:13 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what is your video card spec?

where did these videos come from?

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 11:21 pm
The videos are from Promo Only. Some of them play fine and there is some that start to play and then stop. If I open the file that is not playing in PowerDVD it plays fine. The same holds true when I play it in Windows Media Player. The card that I am using is a Radeon X1600 XT AGP 8x. I am not sure why the card would be the problem if it plays other VOBs from that were extracted from the same dvd. The files are also the same size and have identical configurations as the ones that play fine.

Posted Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 3:00 pm
No other comments? Somebody out there must have experienced the same problem.

Posted Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 5:08 pm
I have a VOB file that plays fine on all other players accept VDJ. Not sure what to do and I am worried there may be others on my hard drive. There have been past posts on this problem but, the forums wor just closed with no final resolution. Is there a fix to this problem? The file is from Promo Only and it looks normal. However, when I load it the file seems shortened according to graph at the top of the player. When I hit play the file starts for a second and I can see the video for a second and then it stops. If I load another vob file it plays fine. If I browse to the same file that stopped and just try to play it there are no problems. It plays fine in POWER DVD but, each time I go back to VDJ it only plays for a second. I have 2ghz processor, 2 gig of RAM, a brand new AGP Radeon vidoe card and the output is incredible so I have no reason to believe it is card hardware related. Also, if anyone knows MR MANDINGO...he had a posting on this before. I tried sending him a message but, have not received a reply. His url to the post is http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/58468/PC_Version_Technical_Support/PROBLEM_PLAYING__VOBS.html?highlight=.vob%20file

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 1:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)