Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: with 2 xp10's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

assuming you have 2 xp10's hooked up...

1. load a track to deck A
2. move the pitch from the center positon to +2%
(note that track plays faster)
3. Now load another track to deck A without touching the xp10 slider

Why does VirtualDJ reset the pitch to zero??

like a Pioneer deck, it should be where you left it. If I load a track and the XP10 slider is at +2%, then the next track should be at +2%

This is annoying that I have to move the slider all the way up then down to get the pitch of the new song to +2%

i tried setting auto pitch reset to ENABLED and DISABLED in the settings and it makes no difference

WirelessDJ

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 4:41 pm
This feature has been asked for by many.
And it should be like you say, if you use external controller.
It might be a fix for this really soon ;) hang around and see :)

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 4:47 pm
The only reason I noticed it was because last night at the club with two CDJ-1000s, we had it pitched up at +4% most of the night loading track after track and didn't touch the slider.

Oh, I have to say, even the Pioneer CDJ1000 locked up once with a bad CD -- the silence killed the dance floor

hehe
WirelessDJ

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 4:50 pm

What does the pitch reset to ENABLED and DISABLED in the settings do then?

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 4:52 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Wireless, I agree with you and hope the team will implement such a feature (an optional "don't reset current deck's pitch on track load").

In the meantime, instead of moving the pitch all the way up and down again, here's a little trick: SHIFT2 + Pitch slider. It'll let you move the slider where you want it without impact on the BPM. So on a new track load, you could SHIFT2 + move slider to center.

Nicolas

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 8:02 pm
wireless, i think it has something to do with the fact that DJs who only have 1 single XP10 (like me), that the pitch remains the same when you switch between the left and right deck.

if you got a song playing on deck-a at +4% switching to deck-b adjusting pitch to -10%.
from that point.. if you would switch again back to deck-a, the pitch would be suddenly -10% instead of +4% as i left it.

i'm glad that it acts this way! ;)

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 11:31 am
pitch reset enabled or disabled setting, as of now, only work for auto-mix mode

But this might change ;) so you can use it for live mix, enable pitch reset (for one controller, like Cannonball), or disable pitch reset (for Wireless, and make it work like any pro cd player)

Its a really needed feature ;)

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 2:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)