Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 5.0 rev4 is released - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

eh, i just downloaded it from the forums...

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 5:50 pm
yo i just updated to rev4 and it jacked everything up. my system use to read my timecode vinyl great now it dont read them all. so i reverted back to v2 and it still jacked up. i also noticed that in rev4 that i would no read my hd. i mean it read the mp4 file but no other ones. i mean out of 600 videos rev4 only see 24.. crazy. do i need to reboot my system, i will try that after this post. then i when i reverted back to rev2 the files show up crazyness. my im the only one not having sucess with the upgrade but it was good until i upgraded. my sytem spec

Dell 1705
intel duo 2.00
2g ram
atix1400 video card
audio8 soundcard(up driver)
korg zero4 mixer running midi

if some1 have an answer help me out

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 5:53 pm
Having a similar problem but also v4 is freezing on video play back and have to use Task manager to close VDJ down. No technical support has been offered from head office as the ticket i placed regrding other issues has still not been read after 7 days so i appreciate the help from fellow DJ's. Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 6:01 pm
Still no napster, maybe next release?

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 7:46 pm
kingdonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
how do you go back to rev.2 down loaded rev.4 and now pitch is jumping in all 3 modes.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 7:59 pm
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but r4 seems to be a bit less of a cpu hog for the most part (so far, at least - just started testing yesterday <g>) EXCEPT during load operations - then it wants it all. Any comments, good, bad, indifferent?

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:00 pm

VDJ has always "wanted it all" when it load a track, intentionally ;)

It will use MAX possible to make fastest possible load (from your CPU/ram performance), but never exceed that.
So dont worry, its a well made feature :)

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:03 pm
kingdon wrote :
how do you go back to rev.2 down loaded rev.4 and now pitch is jumping in all 3 modes.

How exactly is the pitch jumping? What 3 modes? I want to try to see if it happens to me as well.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:13 pm

PITCH JUMPING FIX :

Try this

- Turn OFF ClearSound
- Adjust pitch sensitivity to a value that your PC & soundcard can accept, or use 2000ms (VDJ 4.x default)

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:16 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

VDJ has always "wanted it all" when it load a track, intentionally ;)

It will use MAX possible to make fastest possible load (from your CPU/ram performance), but never exceed that.
So dont worry, its a well made feature :)

Not complaining Norway, just observing--Easy there big fella :)

Only problem it causes for me is that I have to wait until the cpu meter drops a bit b4 pressing a button on my MK2 (it'll go nuts if I don't). I'm accustomed to it, and better to have faster load than waiting, lol

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:23 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
PITCH JUMPING FIX :

Try this

- Turn OFF ClearSound
- Adjust pitch sensitivity to a value that your PC & soundcard can accept, or use 2000ms (VDJ 4.x default)

I know this post is not for me, but I am curious as to what "ClearSound" is. A VirtualDJ 5.0.4 feature? When you said to adjust the pitch sensitivity, do you mean the range or the sound card latency?

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:27 pm
ClearSound is a HI-FI filter applied to scratching sound, to provide a more clear sound on delicate instruments (violines, strings, etc)
To most users, turing this off, will not make much noticable difference. Without ClearSound (added in VDJ 5) there will be a TINY "tremble/flanger" on certain instruments during the scratch. You will have to be a real audiophile to notice ;)

Pitch sensitivity is a setting in TimeCode settings, and is not the same as soundcard latency no :) Pitch sensitivity is how FAST the VDJ skin pitch slider should respond to your turntables pitch movements. At default now, its set at 100ms (one tenth of a second), and small wow & flutter on your turntables might move the skin slider (cosmetic), and scratching might turn the skin pitch "crazy". Turing it to 2000ms will totally remove it. You can adjust it to find YOUR golden one, where it works good for YOU, in "agreement" with your setup.

100ms as the new default is, is maybe a bit too optimistic. Works great for (non wow/flutter) timecode CD's, but I think most timecode vinyl users on "mid range" turntables need a higher less sensitivity. Try 500ms, 1000ms and 2000ms :)

and Clear Sound off, to be even more "stable" :)

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:40 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i don't see the denon 4500 in the cue options. and for some reason one of my video is bust now. it plays in wmp but not in cue. when loaded it doesn't show the video and the audio is all messed up.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:42 pm
hey dj in norway thank you but that dose not work for me i just want it back the way it was so when in relative the on screen pitch dont move and sensitivity set to 1000 this way it feels just like mixing normal vinyl and for me 100% stable

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:44 pm
@ Kingdom

Turn ClearSound off, and set PitchSensitivity to 2000ms

Does that not work good? (Is same as VDJ 4)

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:45 pm
no i just tryed that

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:51 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djfs wrote :
i don't see the denon 4500 in the cue options. and for some reason one of my video is bust now. it plays in wmp but not in cue. when loaded it doesn't show the video and the audio is all messed up.

Make sure you go back to the Codecs tab and make sure your settings didn't change for the .wmp extension -- might need to set it back to Windows Media Player Video decoder.

Also, remember; Numark is a different branded software and may not have ALL of the VirtualDJ options, however; check your Remote Control tab and look at (right-click) on the graphic (second row, far right) just below the TotalControl graphic - that's where it would be if part of the Numark branded version.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:55 pm
About the TCV`s: I checked it this morning and i found out that one deck still have the "fluctuation" issue, can it be that this isn`t caused by the software but by the TCV ? Maybe a bad one ?
I found another thread into the forum where somebody wrote that VDJ europe is sending out gen2 vinyls instead of the newer gen3

a) is this right ?
b) the Numark ones are gen3 for sure i believe ?

However i ordered some Numark ones to see if they will work better.
BTW, the tips about changing the MS setting into the TCV options does not work for me and i even had the fluctuation in VDJ 4.3 so i really think its a vinyl issue.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 9:44 pm

All turntables "fluctuate" ... called wow and flutter. The circle movement is not 100% perfect, so no turntable has 100% stable pitch/bpm.

In ADDITION, a vinyl might not have DEAD center hole in middle, pluss be "warped/bent" that will add aditional "fluctuations"

Now, VDJ can be VERY sensitive to that (100ms) or more ignore to display it (2000ms).

But the REAL question is, does it affect your mixing and BPM, or is it simply a cosmetic skin issue (pitch slider moves a bit up and down)?

btw, all numark vinyls are what is reffered to as VDJ 3rd gen vinyls.
VDJ Europe dont sell 3rd get (yet), as there is some decisions going on to maybe make a new one (4th gen).

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 9:49 pm
Well yes, i first thought that the fluctuation was just a visual thing into the software but then i found out that it affect beatmatching. I noticed this cause i have the tracks 100% synced, then one goes away a bit so you put the pitch a very little up or down, it fits and then you need to adjust again.

I don`t care about the visual slider move, all i need is a stable pitch ;)
About the 2gen VS 3gen : I thought that there might was a change on the timecode so i will check out the Numark ones to see if they will work better.

I can say that it isnt a local setup problem (TTs for example) since i own a different DJ software (MV) which is working fine - but of course i want to use VDJ ;)

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 9:57 pm
59%