Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: MIXING HOW - TO IDEAS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST: I'm thinking about doing a how-to series to post for the website... I know there are some great ones already - marcel_1, Scratching. ect..
looking to do something from the basics of things to more advance... any idea will be considered and helpful.

What would it take for a beginner to log on and say I want to do this... and not have to ask a tone of questions on mixing ( newbies )

Posted Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 8:16 pm
that one might be hard fatkatz,

I love your idea on helping new DJs out but the biggest issues I see with this is the fact that most people starting out to be DJs don't want that learning curve or want to spend so much time building their skill. They just want the big stardom image and money since most believe its easy money when in reality...nothing comes easy or cheap.

most newbies will want help chosing their turntables or cd decks although this isn't really something they honestly need to get started, then you have the mixer quesion...which mixer is best for you (this one is quite difficult since some prefer 10" mixers other prefer 19" mixers) anothing big issue you can get is vinyl vs cd....this is just such an old conversation and debate that it gets tiresome.

Personally my best opinion would be to go down to your local dj gear retailer and try some equipment out to see what you feel the most comfortable with. Vinyl cost is high so I really don't consider a newbie to go this route if they are on a tight budget. CDs are much cheaper and the wear is pretty good as long as you take good care of them.

This is information you might want to add on your website if you ever make it.

Posted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 12:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)