Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MTV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone remember the days when MTV use to show music videos? Everytime I watch MTV or pass by it when changing channels I never see a music video anymore. Just shows.

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 2:59 pm
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
yeah those were the good old days.... I don't watch any of the "music" channels anymore instead I tune into the radio stations like XFM on the satellite.. much better and not as many annoying ads

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 3:10 pm
I've long since abandoned the "Music Television"-channel. Commercials every 10 or so minutes + ridiciculous shows. No, I can't say it the name matches the content. Why not rename the channel to, say, FCPKAMTV (former channel previosusly known as MTV).

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 3:20 pm
They still play alot of videos on the digital channels (MTV2, MTVJ, MTVL, etc..), but it's still pretty much the same songs over and over. I tend to watch MTVJ (MTV Jamms) more than the others;^]

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 3:28 pm
And even when they had shows, (like the great "Beavus and Butt Head") they use to integrate the music videos within the shows. Now they have shows (like "the real world") that has NOTHING TO DO with music... lol

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 3:36 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Think THEY have to move on with the now generation..........WE all move on...hee;)

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 3:51 pm
i have no idea why mtv shows America's Next Top Model. I tried watching MTV over the weekend a few weeks back and my channel guide had a marathon of America's Next Top Model the whole day long. what's up with that?

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 6:09 pm
MTV 2 has moments when it actually shows videos. I recently discovered "VH1 Classics" channel, Which still airs "120 minutes"!

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 6:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mtv uk now boasts a song every 10 minutes lol

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 8:08 pm
they should change the name to RTV

Reality Television

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 8:26 pm
In contrast to whether we like MTV or not, are there any good music video channels out there, besides MTV and it's different editions?

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 9:50 pm
antileon wrote :
In contrast to whether we like MTV or not, are there any good music video channels out there, besides MTV and it's different editions?

MTV is so huge now... They own most of the other networks out there.... BET< VH1 and others... they are the Microsoft of television entertainment. Most videos have to go through corporate MTV at some point.

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 9:54 pm
If You guys get Canadian Television down south - try MuchMusic or MuchMoreMusic.

Specialty Video music stations - similar to MTV but they still play videos

Posted Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 1:03 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
Does anyone remember the days when MTV use to show music videos? Everytime I watch MTV or pass by it when changing channels I never see a music video anymore. Just shows.

You don't get it my friend..those women ARE the video!!! :D

Posted Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 1:07 am
MTV is a business just like any other TV network. They do whatever deliver's them the fattest bottom line and they are very sucessful at it. Trust me, if showing music videos back to back for 24 hours a day delivered them the fattest bottom line then I double-guarantee, that's EXACTLY what they would be doing.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 1:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)